Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He refused to play a homosexual character.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 52 Replies

I don't watch True Blood, but apparently a popular actor quit the series after refusing to engage in a scripted love affair/sex scene with a man.

BOSSIP has an article on their website interviewing another actor from the series that had a few words of disappointed and anger directed towards the actor, stating that he couldn't believe that the actor would quit over something so silly.

Apparently the actor is now being blacklisted in Hollywood & labeled as homophobic.

Could you, or would you do it? If you were an actress and the script required a lesbian kiss or love scene could you do it?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I could, but I don't think it's fair to label him a homophobe for not wanting to. He just wasn't comfortable. It's no different than someone not being comfortable being naked on camera.
Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I could do it. Him not wanting to do that doesn't necessarily mean he's homophobic. He probably just wasn't comfortable with doing that and he's entitled to feel that way.  

earthtone
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
No. It's a choice why do people feel the need to knock others because they oppose of homosexuality?
earthtone
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM
You are so right! People are way too sensitive these days.

Quoting Nisha929:

I think I could do it. Him not wanting to do that doesn't necessarily mean he's homophobic. He probably just wasn't comfortable with doing that and he's entitled to feel that way.  

Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM
7 moms liked this

I have nothing against the LGBT community but these people who want to label people as "homophobes", "biggots" and "intolerate" are the real biggot, intolerate, _____phobe assholes! Would I feel comfortable pretending to have sex with a woman? Heck no I wouldn't, because I'm not comfortable with being that close with another woman. It's the same as saying you don't want to date inerracially. Suddenly in these times of supposed tolerance, that makes you a racist. So now people can't even pick who they choose to have sex with because they'll be called racist?

I'm so sick of this dumb stuff. Call me what you want but these people who want to push their views on everybody else should be banished to an island. Let those bitches bash each other right back off into that island and into an ocean fully of man-eating sharks. This is getting to be ridiculous.

earthtone
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

I have nothing against the LGBT community but these people who want to label people as "homophobes", "biggots" and "intolerate" are the real biggot, intolerate, _____phobe assholes! Would I feel comfortable pretending to have sex with a woman? Heck no I wouldn't, because I'm not comfortable with being that close with another woman. It's the same as saying you don't want to date inerracially. Suddenly in these times of supposed tolerance, that makes you a racist. So now people can't even pick who they choose to have sex with because they'll be called racist?

I'm so sick of this dumb stuff. Call me what you want but these people who want to push their views on everybody else should be banished to an island. Let those bitches bash each other right back off into that island and into an ocean fully of man-eating sharks. This is getting to be ridiculous.

+1

navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Amen! I'm so tired of the overbearing attitude of some of these people from the LGBT community. If he doesn't want it do it, he is well within his right to say no! They claim to want tolerance but are very intolerant of others. Right.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I would never do it. That's my personal choice. But to blacklist someone for not conforming is ridiculous. Why is this being forced on everyone?
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. It really doesn't even seen like this stupid crap is coming from the gay community. It seems more like a bunch of overbearing heteros that want everyone to feel like them. Not realizing that they're coming off as bigots themselves!! People have their opinions. It's America, we have the right to that shit.

Quoting navybeauty88: Amen! I'm so tired of the overbearing attitude of some of these people from the LGBT community. If he doesn't want it do it, he is well within his right to say no! They claim to want tolerance but are very intolerant of others. Right.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425:

Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Would you say the same if the person was against interracial relationships or Blacks in general?

Quoting earthtone: No. It's a choice why do people feel the need to knock others because they oppose of homosexuality?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)