Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have lost 14 lbs

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm happy about it but at the same time concerned about gaining it back plus more.  I've lost 14 lbs of what I believe to be water weight.  On July 10th, I joined a gym because I wanted to get moving more and lose 40 to 45 lbs.  I work in an office so am sitting a large percentage of the time Monday thorugh Friday.  On the 16th was my appointment with the trainer.   When you join the gym you get 3 free training sessions to get you started.  The first day I got weighed in I noticed that I weighed 14 lbs. more than I thought I weighed.  Yikes!  I didn't start actually exercising until the day of the 16th.  The next day I went and got a battery for my digital scale so that I could go with the results of my home scale.  My home scale showed I weighed 2 lbs more than the scale at the gym.  It was a little discouraging. 

I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for an hour minimum and the days that I miss, I step up the workout routine by throwing in an extra rep or adding an extra 10 to 15 minutes on the treadmill.  I haven't changed much in my eating habits, doing that gradually rather than cold turkey.  Drink a little  more water than I have normally been, but nothing really drastically changed in my eating habits.  Also to take the stairs more versus the elevator at work.  I weigh myself in the morning but was busy today so did it 30 minutes ago.  According to my home scale from the last time I weighed myself on the 17th, I lost 14 lbs.    Now I can start at the losing the 40 lbs.

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Big accomplishment!! Congrats to you!
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Thanks    It's a lot of weight in such a short amount of time without even trying hard.  I'm afraid of packing it back on plus some.  They say that 's what happens when you lose weight faster. 

Quoting ayacocca: Big accomplishment!! Congrats to you!

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Just keep going at the rate that you are and go up from there. I don't see why it would..

Quoting SunFlower700:

Thanks    It's a lot of weight in such a short amount of time without even trying hard.  I'm afraid of packing it back on plus some.  They say that 's what happens when you lose weight faster. 

Quoting ayacocca: Big accomplishment!! Congrats to you!

big.city.mama
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Great Job and since you lost so much so soon don't get discouraged when you plateau just keep it up and try to keep a food diary its a pain but it helps a lot!
jinxmom
by jinx on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! Take it one day at a time.  Don't get so caught up in the numbers.  I haven't weighed myself since I started walking 5-7 days a week at least 3-4 miles.  All in 1 yr I've gained a lot of weight and started walking after the holidays.  I've noticed my dress size go from a 28-30 to 22-24 and I'm not getting on a scale to see how much b/c then I'll gain it back [sigh] lol Sat I went to get a outfit for a concert tried on a 26-28 LB black strapless jumper and ewwwwwwwww lol my neice said it looked like I was packing in a certain area lol so I tried a 22-24 and fits perfectly. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh not getting the big head though lol Anyway, as you have said I still eat but not as much but when I won't my chocolate I don't eat it everyday a piece every once and a while. Keep up the exercising and eat less and you'll lose the wt.  :)

KikiKia
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! It is a step in the right direction!

I lost about 50+ lbs.  It took me 9 months and the most weight I lost in a month was 8lbs....so losing 14 in a week is extremely fast.  I always believe slow and steady wins the race.

In the past when I lost it fast I gained it right back fast.  Just a warning.

What kept it off this time was losing it slowly and changing my diet...that was the key.  Lose fat in the kitchen, gain muscle in the gym.

I know its not easy, but you can do it!

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Weight loss should be a lifestyle change, not a quick short-term diet. If you lose a lot of weight very quickly you may not lose as much fat as you would with a more modest weight loss, instead you might lose water weight or even lean tissue since it's hard to burn that many fat calories in a short time. To keep up with your weight loss I suggest avoiding the scale, they can sometimes be toxic and instead take your measurements and take notice of how your clothes fit. Imo it's the best way to determine weight loss because our bodies weigh differently certain times of the day & month
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Mobile Photo

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I try not to.  I needed a starting point to see where I started out, then out of curiousity jumped on it a week later when I noticed the water weight loss.  I'm going to try not to jump back on until 3 months from the day I started working out at the gym and focus on the workout routine and switching it up.

Quoting jinxmom:

Congrats! Take it one day at a time.  Don't get so caught up in the numbers.  I haven't weighed myself since I started walking 5-7 days a week at least 3-4 miles.  All in 1 yr I've gained a lot of weight and started walking after the holidays.  I've noticed my dress size go from a 28-30 to 22-24 and I'm not getting on a scale to see how much b/c then I'll gain it back [sigh] lol Sat I went to get a outfit for a concert tried on a 26-28 LB black strapless jumper and ewwwwwwwww lol my neice said it looked like I was packing in a certain area lol so I tried a 22-24 and fits perfectly. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh not getting the big head though lol Anyway, as you have said I still eat but not as much but when I won't my chocolate I don't eat it everyday a piece every once and a while. Keep up the exercising and eat less and you'll lose the wt.  :)

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:06 PM

LOL   I like that, it's cute. 

Quoting luvthagirl:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)