Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Proposing to your future husband- would you do it?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

So the trend has been catching on recently, and there’s been a few pictures floating around with woman proposing to their future husbands and life partners etc. Now the discussion has gone in all kinds of directions recently on social media with some men and women claiming it’s the role of the man to propose, and some even going as far as saying it’s insulting for a woman to get on her knees and propose. Even some of the strong feminists are not buying that whole, women proposing to men bit. Some others have said in a way it’s putting the power in the hands of the woman, and takes away from that “waiting for him to propose” idea that keeps women waiting for the man to step up. So if she’s ready, what’s wrong with her asking and popping the question.

Thoughts? Would u do it?
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I'm married and if he didn't propose, I would still be single.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Wow cute! In the newer generation, anything goes. I'm sort of traditional. So not sure if I was single, that is something I do?

Quoting leaniece:

Mobile Photo

So the trend has been catching on recently, and there’s been a few pictures floating around with woman proposing to their future husbands and life partners etc. Now the discussion has gone in all kinds of directions recently on social media with some men and women claiming it’s the role of the man to propose, and some even going as far as saying it’s insulting for a woman to get on her knees and propose. Even some of the strong feminists are not buying that whole, women proposing to men bit. Some others have said in a way it’s putting the power in the hands of the woman, and takes away from that “waiting for him to propose” idea that keeps women waiting for the man to step up. So if she’s ready, what’s wrong with her asking and popping the question.

Thoughts? Would u do it?
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Hmmmmm no ma'am!! My dude is cool and all but he is going to have to ask me! Lol
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a dear friend that had been with the same man for quite a while. So one day she took it upon herself and proposed to him... in front of everyone. She thought it was the cutest thing but it seemed to make him look so uncomfortable and it basically turned into kind of an awkward moment for us to watch. He handled it with humor but I could tell he wasn't feeling it. IMO even the most evolved man still wants to be the man. I don't care how secure he is in his manhood he still wants to be the one to propose. I'm not even with a man but I know the male ego can get kinda delicate especially when they feel imasculated even if that's not the womans intention. I feel like women propose because they have been waiting for their man to do it. Truth is men are not that complicated, if they want to marry a woman, they will propose.
Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. If my man took to long, I would ask.
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Maybe if I knew he would say yes... no, probably not even then! Lol.
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I swear I thought you were divorced and against marriage! Lol.

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

Peace.Love.Pink
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I've been remarried since March 4th to HIM

Quoting mrsary: I swear I thought you were divorced and against marriage! Lol.

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Oh my gosh, congratulations!

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink: I've been remarried since March 4th to HIM

Quoting mrsary: I swear I thought you were divorced and against marriage! Lol.

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

Nisha929
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Naw I can't see myself doing that. More power to the ladies that do it though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN