Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Feel bad but dang, c'mon.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:49 AM
  • 25 Replies

My brother is a dummy, I'll admit that. He moved to Arizona with his girlfriend or whatever. I don't know the exact situation but I got the gist of it. Now they have been married, divorced and bf/gf over a course of 7 years and they have a 6 year old son, so his behavio should be nothing new to her.

Anyway, they moved to AZ, she found out that he was talking to other girls and so he went back home. Now she's on FB posting pictures of their son with captions like "what about me? Don't my feelings count?" "Sad" and stuff like that and I'm just like seriously? On FB?? Whenever her and him have a falling out, she sends me a message on FB to vent about it. I finally just told her that personally, I blame them both for that child's sorrows. Him because he's a jackass and her because she keeps allowing it. I told her that they both need to get their heads out of their asses and grow up and don't keep complaining to me about him if she's just going to turn around and allow the same stupid behaviour from him. I was really harsh with her and I feel bad about it now but damn! A zebra (or tiger, however the saying goes) does not change its stripes! I care about my nephew's feeling but those 2? Fuck 'em.

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Lol
Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this
She should find your brothers replacement 👀. Some women don't agree with me on this but, I believe we weren't meant to be alone. Even if it's just a male friend they help you get through a break up better that any female can IMO.
KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM

haha tell it!

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I respectfully disagree, I know this sounds cliche but we are born alone and will die alone. I think people need time in between relationships to figure out what went wrong, evaluate yourself, and how you can make the next relationship better/different. Rushing into anything to fast imo you will always get it wrong

Quoting Goodybag1: She should find your brothers replacement 👀. Some women don't agree with me on this but, I believe we weren't meant to be alone. Even if it's just a male friend they help you get through a break up better that any female can IMO.
Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I understand where your coming from. Not to get to personal but, when my last relationship ended I was single for 4 years. During those 4 years I had so much fun! I dated I was comfortable being flirty & learning what I did and didn't want in my next relationship. I met a lot of great people to help me along the way. Now I still thought about my ex, like she said we share a child it was hard not to. But I kept myself busy it was great talking to the opposite sex on the phone all night laughing until I got sleepy. Then I met my hubby. With all that being said I was dating within the first 3 months because I wasn't about to sit around blues ing myself. Going through a break up hurts & I wasn't about to do it alone.

Quoting luvthagirl: I respectfully disagree, I know this sounds cliche but we are born alone and will die alone. I think people need time in between relationships to figure out what went wrong, evaluate yourself, and how you can make the next relationship better/different. Rushing into anything to fast imo you will always get it wrong

Quoting Goodybag1: She should find your brothers replacement 👀. Some women don't agree with me on this but, I believe we weren't meant to be alone. Even if it's just a male friend they help you get through a break up better that any female can IMO.
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM
The hell she does. She needs to sit her ass down and figure out some stuff and stop putting my nephew through unnecessary heartache. Ain't nothing wrong with being alone for a bit. Find yourself before trying to find someone else. Don't nobody want a broken person with baggage. If she goes seeking a "replacement", she won't be doing herself or my nephew any good. Furthermore, this is her child's father. He isn't "replaceable" in my nephew's eyes.

Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I had a friend who went through a break up. She would just cry cry cry to me all the time. It wasn't just one break up it was several with the same guy. I would always tell her you should date, dating dries the tears up even for a little while. & she did, she told me that was the best advice I've ever given her! It made me feel good because I saw how hurt she was.:(
Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Oh he's replaceable just like she is. He'll probably be in another woman bed faster then her & your nephew can blink their eyes. Your right there is nothing wrong with being alone. There's also nothing wrong with having company. She's not broken she's hurt by a man who can't or isn't willing to give her what her & her child need. If we never had a bad man, how will we know what a good one looks like. Oh how I love Tyler Perry!

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: The hell she does. She needs to sit her ass down and figure out some stuff and stop putting my nephew through unnecessary heartache. Ain't nothing wrong with being alone for a bit. Find yourself before trying to find someone else. Don't nobody want a broken person with baggage. If she goes seeking a "replacement", she won't be doing herself or my nephew any good. Furthermore, this is her child's father. He isn't "replaceable" in my nephew's eyes.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Generally speaking some women don't know how to be alone & happy at the same time. Allow for bed sheets to cool down (per say) lol.

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: The hell she does. She needs to sit her ass down and figure out some stuff and stop putting my nephew through unnecessary heartache. Ain't nothing wrong with being alone for a bit. Find yourself before trying to find someone else. Don't nobody want a broken person with baggage. If she goes seeking a "replacement", she won't be doing herself or my nephew any good. Furthermore, this is her child's father. He isn't "replaceable" in my nephew's eyes.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Sometimes you have to take Mommy & Daddy out the equation. The OP was saying he's not "replaceable" in the eye's of her nephew

Quoting Goodybag1: Oh he's replaceable just like she is. He'll probably be in another woman bed faster then her & your nephew can blink their eyes. Your right there is nothing wrong with being alone. There's also nothing wrong with having company. She's not broken she's hurt by a man who can't or isn't willing to give her what her & her child need. If we never had a bad man, how will we know what a good one looks like. Oh how I love Tyler Perry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)