Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When somebody is cheating

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
On someone that is close to you. What's your first approach? The scenario is, someone close to you keeps getting cheated on. What would you say after they tell you the first time? Then after it's continuous, and they complain but stay then what do you say? Without trying to sound like a broken record.
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TripletTwin_Mom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm straight to the point so I eventually tell them something along the lines of I don't want to hear it because apparently it isn't all that bad if they stay there etc etc...they usually find other things to talk to me about after that...and I'm okay with them doing that lol... in fact that's all part of the plan lol but 4real just be honest with them
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM
When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time
Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I would tell them to stop complaining to me and change the subject. They are making a choice to stay with a cheater so that's not my problem. I tend to stay out of people's relationships.

Nisha929
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm very blunt so if my friend comes to me again about her cheating man...I'd make this very clear...."you chose to stay with him knowing what he's doing so deal with it and stfu about it or leave him BUT don't keep coming to me with the same complaint. Either way I support you...I just don't wanna hear about it anymore".   

Bunsmommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

If it's something that keeps happening and they keep staying and dealing with it, you don't say shit! It's evident they're not trying to leave or better their situation; and I promise you if you're giving advice like "girl, you deserve so much better than him you should just leave he's never going to change" she's telling him and he's probably telling her that you're saying all of that because you want him for yourself. I'm speaking from experience, if you have a friend going through this it's best to just sit back and wait for her to see for herself that she needs to leave and just be there for support. Situations like this teach you that you can lead a horse to the water, shove it's face into the water, but you can't make it swallow! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)