Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tony Thompson of Hi-Five

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Y'all remember him, the lead singer. Did y'all know he died in 2007 from huffing freon!? I just found that out like right now. They have a new single out and I guess replaced the lead singer. You can't regroup a group where the lead singer has died.

That's like Queen trying to make a comeback minus Freddie Mercury.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big.city.mama
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Huffing Freon??? At his age wtf.....
waitin4u
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

That's what I was thinking maybe he couldn't afford any other drug. I hope the new group sounds good.

Quoting big.city.mama: Huffing Freon??? At his age wtf.....

Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Quoting big.city.mama: Huffing Freon??? At his age wtf.....

I read that there was also meth in his system. Not sure how accurate that is but still...freon?

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I remember when that happened, & I just watched the doc as well.
Bunsmommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM
How they have a new group when one of the other members hacked his wife within like the past two months?

Oh yeah, you're real late finding that out.
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Not sure. The song is on the Unsung webpage. That's how I heard it. As for the dude's death, I was like 8, 9,10 when they were at their peak so I never knew anything about them except they had some bomb ass songs but eventually sizzled into has beens. I've never been interested in the group, just liked jamming to their songs lol.

Quoting Bunsmommy: How they have a new group when one of the other members hacked his wife within like the past two months?

Oh yeah, you're real late finding that out.
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM
One of them recently killed his gf. I don't know which one.
TripletTwin_Mom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I had no clue...

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I didn't know he died, but I remember one of their songs from my college days.  I think it's weird when the lead singer dies or leaves the band to do a solo act, and they try to regroup the band (ie. Queen, TLC, Journey).  It just doesn't work, even if you can find another singer that has a similar sound to the lead singer or member in that band.

Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Queen tried to regroup after Freddie mercury died? I thought they did some tributes.

Quoting SunFlower700:

I didn't know he died, but I remember one of their songs from my college days.  I think it's weird when the lead singer dies or leaves the band to do a solo act, and they try to regroup the band (ie. Queen, TLC, Journey).  It just doesn't work, even if you can find another singer that has a similar sound to the lead singer or member in that band.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)