• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The scandal effect

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

"Kerry Washington dismantled the thought that an African American actress couldn't lead s TV drama. This fall, networks have cast the most diverse lineup of black women on shows in years" By Mekeisha M Toby

What do you ladies think? Is this something worth celebrating? I mean it in a sense that there should never be a separation, or exclusion in the first place.

e
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You're right; TV, especially primetime on major networks, should've never been made exclusive to white women/men anyway.. But such is the world that we live in.
Its exciting, I guess; I just hope that they aren't cut from the Olivia Pope/ Mary Jane mold: uber successful Black women with f'd up love lives and low self worth.
waitin4u
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree its great to see women of color on prime time TV. Now at the same time I wished some of the shows had better story lines other than watching the woman on the side get her freak on with somebody else husband.

MANILOVE
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM
They will be totally different from Mary Jane and scandal...

Quoting ayacocca: You're right; TV, especially primetime on major networks, should've never been made exclusive to white women/men anyway.. But such is the world that we live in.
Its exciting, I guess; I just hope that they aren't cut from the Olivia Pope/ Mary Jane mold: uber successful Black women with f'd up love lives and low self worth.
newwifenmom
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I think it's awesome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)