Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Best Friend(s)

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 20 Replies

Copying off an idea from a post I saw....

Who is/are your best friend(s)? Where did you meet and how long has it been? What makes them exceptional? Post a pic!

I KNOW A LOT OF OUR SPOUSES/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS ARE OUR TRUE BEST FRIENDS; THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT THEM!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I have 3. The first I have known since we were babies--our mothers have played Bridge since 1951. My second is my BFF in Houston--she is from Jamaica. My third is my best pen-pal from a small town in southern Australia.

These ladies know me better than my parents!
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Me and my best friend have been friends since we were 10yo. She has never changed over the years. Together we dubbed ourselves TNT! LOL
big.city.mama
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM
My Bestie and I have been through hell and back! Spousal drama, kids, money problems, work issues, to fights in nightclubs, being lookout for each other doing dirt and so so much more. Been friends since 2001 and I love her crazy ass
Believe86
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:29 PM

My bestfriend and I have been friends for 12 years, since we were 16 years old. We've known each other since elementary school, but we're really friends then,we were associated with the same people. Years later we reunited on our first job,we worked at a shoe store in the mall. It's been 12 years of a wonderful bond and friendship.

Smoochmommie
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I met my bestfriend when i was 12years old. Her name is Deanisha. She lived 4 doors down from my house. We rode bikes, had sleepovers, study groups, and anything else. Her mom called me her daughter and took me on family vacations to florida. Nisha and i have petty arguments from time to time but she has always had my back since we were little kids. She's Smooch's godmom and she does an amazing job with her. She and i took smooch to the beach for the first time, this is a pic of them together. She also caught a bus which was a 5hr ride just to make it to smooch tball game. Not to mention she has a bank account setup for Smooch that she randomly puts money in every other week. Shes truly an awesome person!
Nisha929
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My best friend has known me all my life. Everything about her makes her exceptional. She's loving, caring, kind, giving, and the list goes on. She knows me better than I know myself and she is...my mama.

ciarass
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I have two. My female bestie I met 18 yrs ago. We judged each other wrong at first but ended up being family. She always has my back and accepts me thru all the ups and downs of life. My male bestie I've known for 12 yrs...met him on a college tour trip. He balances me...yin and yang all day :-)
newwifenmom
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I've known Dria 18 years, our moms are good friends. She's exceptional because she's ALWAYS there when I need her or even just want to chill and she is truly selfless.

I've known Yashema 8 years, we meet through a mutual friend. She's exceptional because she's so positive and so honest and loyal.
joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I have 4 best friends. One is my sister, she is 2yrs younger than me and Godmother to all 3 of my kids. We rarely argue, even as kids we got along better than the rest of our siblings. We can call each other no matter what/when/where/why. My other three Bffs I've known since the 3rd grade. Two are cousins and welcomed me into their family when I was the new kid in the school. They were some of the first kids I met when we moved from Louisiana to California. The other one also went to school with us and she and I were just drawn to each other. We were in the same 3rd grade class and things just clicked. I love these women and we have seen each other through life's ups and downs, births, deaths, love, and heartache.
I'm not gonna post their pics, because I don't have their permission. But they are my ride or dies, and they all have friendships, so it makes life that much easier.
spidermansmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM
My bff is suzette. We've known each other since high school. We weren't close in hs because I was in the popular clique and she was more to herself. But we did say hi and a few conversations. After we graduated, I was shopping and ran into her. We exchanged numbers and started hanging out. We've been inseparable since. I've had 4 kids, we both gotten married, we've survived many fake friendships, she's moved out of state and back again. We always stay in touch and that's how it will always be.
We work because we are polar opposites. You know that saying "opposites attract."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)