Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His untapped potential?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Women are often faced with the choice of being with someone based on their potential, whether that be how he may treat her, what kind of father he might be, what kind of husband he might be, what kind of career he might have. For those of us who met our current DH/SO when they were younger, we often have to predict what their future might behold. Perhaps he was fresh out of high school or just entering the military. Perhaps he was in college or had no job at all.

When you met your DH/SO, did you see his potential? Did he meet, exceed, or fall below your expectations?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
He met every expectation except romance.
big.city.mama
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I met my husband fresh out of boot camp he is a chocolate cutie so he had some miles on his dick but he was a good boy that I just knew was going to be a great man and he is now he isn't anywhere near perfect and he made some mistakes along the way but that's my boo and I will cut a bitch if she step to him wrong(joking but not really)
Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM
We met in our teens. I knew he could make some woman happy, he had great characteristics Faithful, loyal, being a family guy. I let us get our run out until our mid twenties. Now fast forward six years he's still holds all the qualities that I l👀k for in a mate. My only concern is his career choices. I would like to see him follow all his dreams, because I intend to.
newwifenmom
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM
He met them, still does, probably will exceed them some day though.
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM
He had potential as I had expectations. He failed to meet both.
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I have known ds since I was 10, probably younger. When we were seriously talking about marriage, we both stated what we wanted and I can say he lives up to those. We are also best friends so if one of us slacks off, we are the first to say it to one another.

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I saw his potential as a husband and father. He was working 2 jobs, in college, and playing college baseball. And somehow he carved out enough time to romance me and make me feel as if I was his #1 priority. 16 yrs later he is a hardworking, educated, amazing husband and father. And he manages to make me and our 3 children each feel special.
anaijasmom
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:30 AM
We went to high school together but didn't date. We began talking on classmates.com in 2007 he was in the military. He is definitely a go getter and takes care of his family so I knew that about him it's what I expected. When it comes to romance and showing feelings forget it lol!
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Interesting question. I was so young, I don't think I had any expectations and I wasn't really paying attention to possible potential. All I knew was that he was FUN! He had just enlisted in the military. He was broke. I was working a part time job and was also broke but none of that mattered at the time. LOL! We had a blast together. As time went on and I began to notice his work ethic, ambition and so on...then I took notice of what he could possibly become. 

cheetah90210
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Yes and he's exceeded
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)