Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

hot combs

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 38 Replies
Does anybody use them anymore?
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyblue415
by bubbles on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Bump
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I've never used one
babyblue415
by bubbles on Aug. 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for the input. How you been?

Quoting luvthagirl: I've never used one
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Nope my mom used it on my head before and my sister who is a licensed beautician has but not in years since I was a kid.
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I have an electric one that I used to break out last summer.. I bought from Sally's a few yrs back.. Its collecting dust now lol
babyblue415
by bubbles on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM
So they are pretty much "outta style" ?
big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I grew up getting my hair pressed and my mother still hot combs her hair and roller sets it every Saturday.
babyblue415
by bubbles on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Does it hurt? I just got 1 today for free ( an electric one) but I can't use it for my hair.

Quoting big.city.mama: I grew up getting my hair pressed and my mother still hot combs her hair and roller sets it every Saturday.
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM

My mom used to use one on my sister's and my hair when we were kids.  I used to a couple years ago.  My mom has an electric one that I tried a few times.  If you're not familiar with how to use one, I would have someone from your husband's family show you.  My mom's is an electric one that you plug in with no way to control the temperature.  I wouldn't mind getting a Hot Tools hot comb.

babyblue415
by bubbles on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Yeah I got an electric one today. I won't use it since im white and don't need it I was just wondering if people still use them I asked his family and none of them wanted it. I also asked a few of my friends and they said they dont use them either. So I guess ill just toss it. Do they hurt?

Quoting SunFlower700:

My mom used to use one on my sister's and my hair when we were kids.  I used to a couple years ago.  My mom has an electric one that I tried a few times.  If you're not familiar with how to use one, I would have someone from your husband's family show you.  My mom's is an electric one that you plug in with no way to control the temperature.  I wouldn't mind getting a Hot Tools hot comb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)