Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been racially profiled?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
I recently read an interesting article/blog called "My Family has been racially profiled everywhere from Harvard to our own home".

This part was interesting: "Every black person has their own story of racial profiling, especially black men. Any white person, not just police, engages in racial profiling when they suspect, avoid, follow, report or challenge a black person simply because of their race and their own idea of where black people "belong". "

Have you been racially profiled? Do you want to share your story/stories?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsJenkins304
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I guess being followed all though the store like I'm going to steal something is considered racial profiling in sort of a way, an it hurts so bad, I hate it!

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I can't recall being racially profiled, and I live in an area with mostly white people. Maybe someone's story will jog my memory.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Not that I'm aware of
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:17 PM
This. AND yes, this IS racial profiling!

Quoting MsJenkins304:

I guess being followed all though the store like I'm going to steal something is considered racial profiling in sort of a way, an it hurts so bad, I hate it!

Mommy2Bri425
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM
This. But I did have a situation where this Korean man kept checking me in threes hair store. I just got mad and left. Not sure what he was thinking but it was annoying on so many levels.

Quoting luvthagirl: Not that I'm aware of
Proud-young-mom
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If someone expects you to act a certain way simply because your african american. Than yes you have been profiled and sterotyped. And i hate when it happens. It has happen more times than i want to remember. Many people are shocked when i say i listen to all kinds of music etc. I talk like a white girl. Whatever that is suppose to mean. Am i suppose to use ebonics and use slang in every sentence?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Mar. 24, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Mobile Photo

I recently read this. I don't know how to make it clicky so here is a screenshot.
I was just wondering if anyone new (or "old") in this group has experienced racial profiling.
PrEgGoSaUrUs
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM
No, maybe we have and just never noticed.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Yes.
I hav been asked if I was my girls nanny.
I have been followed in stores
I have been looked at funny from how I speak to the concerts I have been to.
SeaPen
by on Mar. 26, 2015 at 3:54 PM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)