Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really tho?? we don't read now.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
Just seeing if anyone else saw that post about this group not being able to read...
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw it, it's not even worth my keystrokes
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I feel you... After I saw that she responded, my ego said to respond & to be "ghetto" as she'd say; my spirit said to let it go. Anyway, how's your evening?

Quoting luvthagirl: I saw it, it's not even worth my keystrokes
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I saw nothin.
Reese2010727
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I didn't see that but all i can do is shake my head..

lancet98
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I didn't see the thread.  

However, reading is a problem these days.  

People do rather often, sit and watch videos on the internet, post or blog, or watch TV, instead of reading.

And even when they do read, what do they read?   Rather too often, they read romance novels, shlocky science fiction or fantasy, or horror.  All of it is rather horrifically written.

Older editors at publishing companies roundly refused to publish Stephen King, for many, many years.  Why was that?   That was because he is, and remains, such a bad writer.   Yet most Americans seem to adore him.  The problem is similar with JK Rowling.   She uses trite, hackneyed phrases, worn out stereotypes, and really weak plots.

I don't feel that one must instead read Shakespeare every day, or Milton, or Blake.

Reading some Steinbeck, Styron, Saroyan, Welty, Faulkner or Hemmingway wouldn't kill anyone.    

cheetah90210
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM
She was simply a troll
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Where was it posted?

Quoting ayacocca: Just seeing if anyone else saw that post about this group not being able to read...
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Its under the rich dad poor dad post..
MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM

has anyone really reported cafe mom for allowing this type of crap to happen?  wonder if this will be deleted quicker than the racist post that are always allowed.  I wonder if my profile will be deactivated?  has anyone considered leaving cafe mom because they allow this to happen?

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
And that's why I didn't respond. I refuse to fall victim to trolls and entertain their shenanigans

Quoting cheetah90210: She was simply a troll
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)