Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c section counting

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
I was having a conversation with mu cousin about child birth today. I had an emergency c section with my son (although I didnt want to push anyway) she has gone through both . One thing we botg remembered while the c section was being performed, there was counting. I remember the nurse counting backwards from 20 like 5 different times. It may have been more or even less, I was so doped up and tired by that point I dont exactly remember how MANY sets... just the counting.

Did any of you experience that? Do you know what the counting was for? Im going to consult Mr Google now but was curious
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.renae
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I had 2 c-sections I was woke during and don't recall anyone counting
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM
I've had 2 as well, and we didn't count
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Never had any.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I had four c-sections, one was emergency (second), and two were scheduled (third and fourth). I don't remember any counting.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM

My first born was delivered via c-section.  I was awake but was never asked to count or heard anyone counting. 

DVS
by Da Goldenchild on Dec. 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Had 4 and no counting
theboyfactory
by on Dec. 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM
They count surgical equipment to make sure nothing is left inside. They count backwards while you go to sleep. I don't know of any other counting.
cheetah90210
by on Dec. 2, 2014 at 1:02 AM
How are you feeling? If you don't mind me asking.

Quoting theboyfactory: They count surgical equipment to make sure nothing is left inside. They count backwards while you go to sleep. I don't know of any other counting.
theboyfactory
by on Dec. 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Physically, I am not doing too bad. Emotionally, I am a wreck. I am heartbroken beyond belief. I'm just numb and doing the things I have to do right now. I break out crying at random times and can't control it. I cried a lot today. It was a rough day.

Thank you for asking. I appreciate everyone's concern.

Quoting cheetah90210: How are you feeling? If you don't mind me asking.

Quoting theboyfactory: They count surgical equipment to make sure nothing is left inside. They count backwards while you go to sleep. I don't know of any other counting.
cheetah90210
by on Dec. 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I know theirs nothing I can say to make you feel better but prayers for you and your family. Noone deserves this.

Quoting theboyfactory: Physically, I am not doing too bad. Emotionally, I am a wreck. I am heartbroken beyond belief. I'm just numb and doing the things I have to do right now. I break out crying at random times and can't control it. I cried a lot today. It was a rough day.

Thank you for asking. I appreciate everyone's concern.

Quoting cheetah90210: How are you feeling? If you don't mind me asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)