Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it taking so long?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have been sitting in this chair for 4 hours getting my hair done. I'm not even half way close and the woman just went to eat. I'm getting box braids but I will never come here again. Last time I got them it only took 2 hours. How long do you spend at the salon?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM
2-4 hours
mommalade
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM

my record time, before loc'ing my hair, was 13 hours! 

yes. i have alot of hair and she was determined to do the braids perfectly uniform.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 hours max. I have set appointments and my stylist is on point with her time management skills
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I would shave my head bald before I sit for 13hrs

Quoting mommalade:

yes. i have alot of hair and she was determined to do the braids perfectly uniform.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM

That would drive me nuts.  Earlier this year I decided to try another hairstylist.  My appointment was for 9:30am, she didn't show up until 10:15 am and I didn't get out of there until 1:00 pm.  I never went back and stuck to my old stylist.  It's hard to find AA hairstylists in my area and ones you can actually get an appointmet in.  If I do my own hair wash, condition, blow dry, and flat iron, it only takes me an hour  to an hour and 15 minutes tops, and it's shoulder length.

mommalade
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:20 PM

haha...there's no way i'd shave my head bald! i sat through it...and it was beautiful when she got done! but now, i have a head full of locs so no more sitting for me ever again!

Quoting luvthagirl: I would shave my head bald before I sit for 13hrs
Quoting mommalade:

my3girls201410
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:21 PM
I had to leave at 4:30 and my hair isn't even half way done. I'm going to a party tonight. They told me to come back on Friday at 5

Quoting SunFlower700:

That would drive me nuts.  Earlier this year I decided to try another hairstylist.  My appointment was for 9:30am, she didn't show up until 10:15 am and I didn't get out of there until 1:00 pm.  I never went back and stuck to my old stylist.  It's hard to find AA hairstylists in my area and ones you can actually get an appointmet in.  If I do my own hair wash, condition, blow dry, and flat iron, it only takes me an hour  to an hour and 15 minutes tops, and it's shoulder length.

navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM
No more salon visits for me, thank goodness.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM

laughing

Quoting mommalade:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds worth it!

Quoting mommalade:

haha...there's no way i'd shave my head bald! i sat through it...and it was beautiful when she got done! but now, i have a head full of locs so no more sitting for me ever again!

Quoting mommalade:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)