Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lipstick - What's your color

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

Last year I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried wearing red lipstick. First to work and then to a wedding. I liked it. I like the way it looks on me and I like how I feel when wearing it. It boosts my confidence a lot.

My dh on the other hand HATES it. Says I look weird. Because of this I have avoided wearing red lipstick for the last few months. But I woke up in a mood and as I put on my  make up I felt it was a red lipstick kind of day. My camera on my phone is broke so I can't post a selfie but this is a pic of me wearing it at the wedding.

What do you guys think do I look weird? Do any of you wear red lipstick? Do you think that red lips send the wrong signal?What colors do you wear? I've always stuck with nudes or light pinks.

Me at the a wedding with my red lips the color is Eros by Nyx

At a conference in the same dress with nude lips. Which do you think looks better?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LNLMommy
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I like the red lip on you-it's not like clown red or anything. I don't wear lipstick, hate the way it feels on my lips.

MsJenkins304
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:29 AM

The bottom color looks good on you. I've been wearing different shades of red these past few days.

Sydel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I've always worn lip glosses. I like the shine. I only own three lipsticks one nude, this red one, and a fushia one. That I LOVE it looks very 1980's.

This is me before I went to go judge a beauty pageant. I was making fun of some of the moves the girls make.

Quoting LNLMommy:

I like the red lip on you-it's not like clown red or anything. I don't wear lipstick, hate the way it feels on my lips.

ms.renae
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM
You look better in the second pic.

michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:12 PM
I like the nude lip on you, but they both look nice. I don't wear colors I don't like how they look on me. I like tinted gloss.
kyheavensmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM

You look nice in both pics. The red looks nice of you! My favorite red is Mac's Ruby Woo!

Alyson121
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I like your red lip, doesn't look weird at all.  Maybe your hubby just isn't used to seeing you with lip color. 

I where red lips all the time.  I tend to stick to red, deep reds, nudes, pinks and sparkles.  

mommalade
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM

i sell avon, so my colors are everywhere lol. i still like nudes the best, but i have been a gloss lover for about a year now. i like selling avon because i can try it all for little or nothing...LOL.

i love the bottom color on you, but the top is nice too!

amichelle28
by Member on Jan. 8, 2015 at 3:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I just started wearing red lip stick. Needed a change so I cut my hair and I'm starting to try to wear make up. I understand the whole feeling a little weird at first but I think it's cute on you :)
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2015 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I love lipstick. I wear all kinds of colors I even have blues and greens but my favorit is absolutely going to be red.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)