Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thread or Wax

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

I'm in a health and beauty mood today. So for the last few years I've had a lady at the mall threading my brows. However last April she closed up shop. A brow art studio has repalced her but I'm scared to go in. Twice I've gone in to "chat" while they were NOT busy and I didn't like the vibe and to be honest the worker's brows were jacked up looking. Also if threading is not done right it can hurt.

I've always  prefered threading over wax. But my brows look really really bad. I need to do something with them. I don't like tweezing because it messes with my sinuses and it hurts. I'm debating on biting the bullet and going back to waxing.

What do you guys normally do? Do you do your own or do you have them done? My dh's cousin who owns a salon offered to thread my brows over the holiday but then she said she learned how to do it off of Youtube and that it will probably hurt because she hasn't gotten a hang of it. I said thanks but no thanks.

Right now I'm just using a brow shaper to try and create some shape but it doesn't last long.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsJenkins304
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I actually love my brows and never have anything done to them.

Sydel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Are they naturally shaped? My mom and a few cousins have naturally nice brows. ONE of mine is shaped while the other is just a hot mess. smh...

Quoting MsJenkins304:

MsJenkins304
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

They have a natural shape to me.

Quoting Sydel:

Are they naturally shaped? My mom and a few cousins have naturally nice brows. ONE of mine is shaped while the other is just a hot mess. smh...

Quoting MsJenkins304:

michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Threading is more hygenetic but I can prefer the look of waxing. I don't go often maybe once a month if that.
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I am the same, never understand removing eyebrows to draw them back in?

Quoting MsJenkins304:

Sydel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I have never removed mine or drawn them on. I do like having them shaped.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I am the same, never understand removing eyebrows to draw them back in?
Quoting MsJenkins304:

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:16 PM
That is cool.
I never have anything done with mine.

Quoting Sydel:

I have never removed mine or drawn them on. I do like having them shaped.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I am the same, never understand removing eyebrows to draw them back in?

Quoting MsJenkins304:

MsJenkins304
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Yeah I that drawing them back does not look appealing to me. I love my brows child so I ain't doing nothing to them:) I guess some folks really have no other choice but to do something with theirs. Mind are so soft and smooth.

Quoting MsJenkins304:

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Funny my hubby's is arched nice too and he had people asked he gets them done? Lol
He is like "Uh no! I'm a dude!" Mine have never been an issue so I leave them and they are cute. Lol
I've been in nail or hair shops they'll ask or beg to do mine. I figured they want me to get caught up so,I can keep coming.

Quoting MsJenkins304:

Yeah I that drawing them back does not look appealing to me. I love my brows child so I ain't doing nothing to them:) I guess some folks really have no other choice but to do something with theirs. Mind are so soft and smooth.

Quoting MsJenkins304:

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM
I used to do threading, but slowly moved on to waxing.. I do it once a month
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)