Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me about your mom

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

with mothers day coming near, it is time that we recognise and uplift the woman that gave birth to us....what kind of woman was/is your mom? what kind of relationship do you have with her? what kind of grandma is she?

my mom is one of the strongest woman that i know,,,she was a sahm to five children and made many sacrifices...she taught me to cook, clean, and sew and how to be a lady....she encouraged me to pursue my educational goals and played a major part in my spiritual upbringing...she is very active even at age 74,,,she is a dominant force at church where she is a deaconess, usher, sunday school teacher, and tutors students,,,,she is the secretary of her local chapter of naacp, and is involved in a lot of the local politics... she can fish, garden, decorate her home. take care of cows and chickens, and shop!!!!  she is kind and considerate, and is always helping others....she is a wonderful loving grandma that always has sweet treats for her grands,,,,she singlehandedly nursed me back to health after i suffered a series of health conditions....she is a wonderful example of a proverbs 31 woman....if i could be half the woman mother that she is i will be truly blessed!!! she is my best friend....

proverbs 31 woman

mlomax07@yahoo.com
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this
My mother is the stuff dreams are made of...pure awesome sauce! I think that sums it up. There's not enough time in the world to write about what she means to me and our family.
MommaYaya27
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM
You DONT wanna know....
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on May. 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Same as moose!
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM
When my mama passed it changed my life forever. She was reliable and funny and had a laugh that would make you laugh. I truly miss her so much. She lived her life in simplicity and was content. She never got to be a grandma and that makes me sad. But kids LOVED her so much. Mothers day is always kinda hard for me.
mlomax07
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM

i am truly sorry for your loss...your mom sounds like a remarkable woman...the best way to honor her legacy is to be the best mom that you can be to your own little ones....and tell them about your mom...

proverbs 31 woman 

Quoting MsCryStyle: When my mama passed it changed my life forever. She was reliable and funny and had a laugh that would make you laugh. I truly miss her so much. She lived her life in simplicity and was content. She never got to be a grandma and that makes me sad. But kids LOVED her so much. Mothers day is always kinda hard for me.

mlomax07@yahoo.com
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Lol, right.

Quoting MommaYaya27: You DONT wanna know....
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on May. 5, 2015 at 8:42 PM
Don't know how to begin to tell anyone how fabulous she is! From her heart to her intelligence to her personal history to her struggles to her wisdom, there's too much!
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Oh boy... She's beautiful physically. Shes very swift in throwing shade or giving side eye.. She loves, but not unconditionally. She plays favorites, & is religious. She means well, but its obvious that she does not know how to love.
dancingthrulife
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:04 PM

she never felt loved as a child..`.so it been very hard.. she is a good person. but dang if you cant tell her what she wants to hear..you better be ready to cussed up and down. ;\ and NO her up bringing is not a good enough reason for me. i have mental health issues as well. but i try to keep it in check bc my children need me embarrassedapril fools

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM

That is my mom and  we have our ups and downs but she is my best friend. The relationship we have has evolved over time as any relationship should.  She has done a lot for me even though I am grown adult she still pays my cell bill mostly because we are on the same plan and I don't use it like she does. She is a talker on the phone and I text person so it works for us. She is fifty one and I think she looks damn good for fifty one and five kids. I am the youngest one. My mom is the sort of grandma who will visit and come up on birthdays but doesn't do sleep overs or bake. She can throw down when necessary though.  We are opposites and I think that is the reason we get along so well. My favorite memory of her growing up though is when she would wear these wide brim hats.omg I was so ready to inherit those as a kid. I no longer go to church so I have no reason to have them but it just screamed classy. anywho thats some info on my mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)