Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any Muslim mothers or anyone closely affiliated with Islam?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm curious as to how you feel regarding some of the biased comments and discussions since this whole Paris situation has happened.

I'm not Muslim but have family & friends that are & some things that have been said regarding them are crazy harsh. Just wondering if any of you ladies have experienced any first hand backlash.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Bump
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM
I look Arabic and I get funny looks from people. Not every Arabic person in the Detroit area is Islamic. In fact, most are Chaldean--they escaped Saddam Hussein.
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Has anyone said anything out of the way or out of the ordinary since this past weekends events?

Quoting ksbondgirl: I look Arabic and I get funny looks from people. Not every Arabic person in the Detroit area are Islamic. In fact, most are Chaldean--they escaped Saddam Hussein.
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 17, 2015 at 7:07 AM
I just get dirty looks. This has gone on since 9/11. The funny thing is that when I take my kids with me I don't get looked at funny other than, "Those are HER kids? Is she Mexican married to black?" LOL! It's mostly whites who think like this.

After 9/11 I would take my son with me so that people would not think that I was Middle Eastern. Very few Arabs date blacks here.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM
America is bad about putting all races and people that look alike in a small matchbox
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM
What exactly is your race? If I remember correctly I've read a few of your comments about you saying you look like every other race but black.
I would love to see a visual

Quoting ksbondgirl: I just get dirty looks. This has gone on since 9/11. The funny thing is that when I take my kids with me I don't get looked at funny other than, "Those are HER kids? Is she Mexican married to black?" LOL! It's mostly whites who think like this.

After 9/11 I would take my son with me so that people would not think that I was Middle Eastern. Very few Arabs date blacks here.
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm in the black shirt 2nd from left.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I am Muslim and  I have never gotten backlash but I don't wear a hijab unless I am in the mosque  and I don't tell people unless they ask or they look in my book shelf. I have seen some sisters get back lash and get hateful comments and I will always speak up because they don't deserve that at all.   Trump recently okayed the idea of a registry for muslims...and I thought omg why would you even think of doing something like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)