Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got the week off because of flooding.

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Received an email about two hours ago that school is cancelled for the rest of the week. NW Houston and surrounding towns got hammered Sunday night/Monday morning by an unexpected thunderstorm. Our creeks are overflowed, schools damaged from water and tornadoes. Idk how we will make it through next two days at home!
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:16 AM
Be safe. Keep us posted.
Scary! ((Hugs))

Quoting mrsary: Received an email about two hours ago that school is cancelled for the rest of the week. NW Houston and surrounding towns got hammered Sunday night/Monday morning by an unexpected thunderstorm. Our creeks are overflowed, schools damaged from water and tornadoes. Idk how we will make it through next two days at home!
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 21, 2016 at 1:09 AM
Be safe.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Apr. 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM
If we had enough food we would be good. When schools were closed for a week after the Blizzard in January we mostly slept and ate. At least we had a heads up with the weather, your storm came out of no where!

Stay safe and good luck keeping them entertained.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM
Daycares and Parent's Day Outs are opening all over the school district, so looks like I will make it to class tomorrow! We are one of the few districts still closed.

Quoting diaperstodating: If we had enough food we would be good. When schools were closed for a week after the Blizzard in January we mostly slept and ate. At least we had a heads up with the weather, your storm came out of no where!

Stay safe and good luck keeping them entertained.
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM
Are you guys OK??
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:25 AM
Yes. Our apartment didn't flood and moved our car into the grass before the parking lot got swallowed in water.

Quoting ayacocca: Are you guys OK??
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't miss those days when I lived in Houston.
I'm glad you are okay. Watch the mosquitoes!
SusieCarmichael
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:56 AM
Be safe!!!

I dealt with the same thing back in October here in South Carolina. It was a mess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)