Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

Good morning ladies, hereis my story and than i will ask my question afterwards, I get a phone call yeaterday from a person claiming to be from Family dollar asking me to come in for an interview so I asked the person when did he want me to come in and he toild me that i could come in after the phone call ended so i told him i couldn't because i had no way of getting there but I can come on wednesday and he agreed, long story short, i was so excited about the phone call that i forgot to ask the gentleman on the phone what time did he want me to come in on wednesday so i hang up and at night, i had a gut instinct that made me question this phone call because 1.) this person called from a cell phone 2.) he asked me to call him back on the cell phone when i needed to know the address to the well-known store before coming to the interview which was odd to me because it is not hard to find the address to the location

Sorry i know this is long but i need advice lol, This morning I called family dollar at the location of which the interview was requested and i spoke to the assistant manager there and she told me that they were seeking interviews for the position at hand which was for an assistant manager but the person that were requesting interviews for the job was a woman and not a man and the interviews were being conducted for today and not wednesday, so she took my information down and siad she will check it out and see if it was a legitimate call and get back to me and now i am waiting for the call back

So my question is: If i do not get a call back at the end of the day should I just go up there tomorrow or call  to see if they checked it or should i call them back tonight?

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:57 PM

I think you should call back and confirm?

jinxmom
by jinx on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM

I agree with pps call back and confirm or wait til she gets back to you.

ElectricSoul
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Let me check, but there was a scam involving call backs on cellphones.

*edit -- just searched briefly, will keep looking. There was a scam on cell phones where the person was someone familiar, or the situation was familiar and if you called back charges were made to your account. I'd be cautious. 

Lol but maybe I'm too cautious

proudmomof2653
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually googled phone scams and read something like this so i won't be doing that

Quoting ElectricSoul:

Let me check, but there was a scam involving call backs on cellphones.

*edit -- just searched briefly, will keep looking. There was a scam on cell phones where the person was someone familiar, or the situation was familiar and if you called back charges were made to your account. I'd be cautious. 

Lol but maybe I'm too cautious

thickandsexy120
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:11 AM

I think you should call 

ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You can Google the number.  Sometimes phone numbers get reviewed on websites and other people can let you know what they have experienced with that same number, especially if it is a scam.

proudmomof2653
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I googled it and it was on a scam website

Quoting ksbondgirl:

You can Google the number.  Sometimes phone numbers get reviewed on websites and other people can let you know what they have experienced with that same number, especially if it is a scam.

ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 2, 2016 at 8:50 PM
wow...just wow...

That's a real shame!

Quoting proudmomof2653:

Quoting ksbondgirl:

ElectricSoul
by on Nov. 2, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Sorry girl! I'm glad you didn't call the number back. Perhaps let the family dollar that they claimed you have the interview from know what happened. Maybe save others from the scam? 

Quoting proudmomof2653:

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)