Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Africa's Great Civilizations

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I am embarrassed at my ignorance and humbled by the enlightenment I gained watching this PBS documentary with Dr. Henery Louis Gates Jr.

If you have the time, pls watch it on your local PBS station. I recommend that you do that these are things I think we should have been taught in school. I had no clue and I'm amazed at what I learned. I have my dd20 watching it and as soon as I'm able, I'm buying the disc set so my ds12 and I can watch together.

I just had to share it:

http://www.pbs.org/weta/africas-great-civilizations/home/
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

The issue for me is why did they put this on where I live at a time when most are at church...12pm?

cali_gurl
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds amazing. I just took a test to become a teacher and I was blown away by how much detailed european history I had to know, while no names of african rulers or time periods. I couldn't believe the difference in detail for european history and even south american history versus lack of african history.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 1:22 PM

I saw it a few weeks ago and it's on again now.  They must be showing reruns of it every couple of weeks.  My favouite was the documentary about Queen Amanirenas. 

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)