Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bi racial relationship. Is it for you?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
in my new singlness, I have been considering dating a white man. Not because I have lost faith in my brothers(give me one of them any time), but because I want to be open to what god has for me. I dated a white guy and a hispanic when I was younger. i enjoyed it but there was always that thought in the back of my head that I need someone like me. What are your thoughts?
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:51 PM

I have never limited myself to dating a person based on anything other than my interest in them.  That is one lesson from my mother that I will always always ALWAYS remember: judge a person by the content of their character and nothing more.

I have always PREFERRED the brothers (yummy brown skin...) but have never ever said NO to someone interesting if he was white or asian or latino or foreign or short or tall or large or didn't have a college degree or.....you get my meaning.

The relationships worked only by what we were each willing to do to MAKE them work; it had little to do with color.  I remember that I had more in common with a white guy from my home town than with a man raised in Nigeria.

My humble opinion is - date who YOU want to date. If anything, it makes you learn things about yourself and helps you to grow as a person.  Sounds like you already have a good head on your shoulders - no harm in making it even better!

Best wishes

Whoistheboss
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 8:50 PM
I have never dated outside of my race but have become more open to it.  The older I get, the more I can appreciate some of the good looking men that are not black men.   Laughing.  And where I work there are a lot of different race men and if the opportunity came up to date a man outside of my race, I think I would go out with him, however, I don't know that at the end of it all, I want to settle down and be with someone that isn't ethnic and can understand my day to day issues being a black woman.
fattkayjmama
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 9:09 PM
I have dated all most all nationality of men, and they were great relationships, just not who I chose to spend the rest of my life with.  Not for any particular reason, just because I was young and enjoying my life.  When I was ready to get married, God sent me a wonderful black man to love me and care for me, just as Christ loved  and  cared about the church.  So my suggestion is to enjoy your life and date whomever you choose, just don't change yourself for anyone, and when it is time to marry again (if you choose), then just let God take care of his nationality.  Be safe in the new single world out there, and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babakidsmom
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 12:46 AM
All I got to say is look at Something New, I believe in keeping a open mind.
Mrs_Stiff
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 10:08 AM
If he is respectful, and has something going for himself...why not???  You shouldn't miss out on love because of color.
cooltwinmom3
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Before I met my husband all I dated were men of a diffrent nationality.
Not saying anything bad about the brothers, but back than they were not checkin for me so I kept it movin!
My husband is a brother and was the first brother I had dated since high school, and we have been together for 6years.  So you may not find the brother now, but maybe in a little while he will find you.  Until than...
Keep it movin girl!
TheXWife
by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 4:52 PM
My husband is white.
I'm 1/2 black and 1/2 Mexican.

I've always been more attracted to white men than other races, but I've never discrimated. I feel that if the chemistry and communication is there, race shouldn't even be a factor. But you can't help what you're attracted to! Wink
riste21
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Quoting Babakidsmom:

All I got to say is look at Something New, I believe in keeping a open mind.
I know!!! That movie was so sexy and makes you wonder how good white chocolate can be.
40isfun
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Don't just limit it to white men.  Open your mind to all the options out there.  It's nice to be with someone "like you", but there's something nice about having someone different than you too.  There's variety.  A different culture.  A different perspective.

My husband is latino and as much as we have gone through, I still think he's the man for me.  You might not be able to tell that on the days when I'm two seconds from wringing his neck but oh well.  That's just a part of the process.  LOL!

Keep an open mind honey!  You'll be surprised at what you find.
momofalicia
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:26 PM
I have only dated men that are black , but i find men in all races attractive.I am always being approached by men of all races . .It should not matter what color,or race they are as long as he is good to you. It's hard to find a decent man so when you find one it should not matter.My sister has dated men our side of her race and was worried what i thought , I just want her to be happy, just because i haven't dated out side of my race do not mean that i am against it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)