Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Who is the first man you ever really, truly loved? Do you still love him?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:00 AM
  • 26 Replies
Who is the first man you ever really, truly loved?  This is the story of me and the man I still love to this day. 

I saw him in June of 2002 and what can I say he had me from day one.  We both worked for a manufacturing company and when we met he was a 2ndshift supervisor and I was a regular associate on 1st shift.  He was the kind of brother a lot of women did not look at twice right off, once you got to know him, he was a sweet southern gentleman but initially if they passed him by and got a whiff of his cologne, they would for sure look back just to see who in the hell that was they had just passed by with that good smell, but in my opinion the dark chocolate brother was all that he needed to be. Confident in his stride, clothes ironed so sharp he would cut you if he bumped into you, and I'm not talking about the regular creases in the pants, I am talking about creases down the front and back of his shirts every day pants creased so sharp the crease didn't budge when he sat down. This man was fine, sharp and smelling good every single day since I have known him and I later found out, sweet as pie. Like I said he had me the day I saw him walk in the door.  I was 28 at the time and he was 38, divorced with two daughters, which I did not know until the first date. Long story short as I can make it 3 years we dated and it was beautiful but he then tells me one day, he feels like he is robbing me of things he already has done in life and he doesn't want any more children and so that was it.  I cried and cried and cried, I loved that man, I still  love that man.  He was everything I had ever wanted in a man, so many of those qualities that I see in my father, that I said, I would love to have in a my mate but he was the opposite of me, I am impatient and he is so patient and more soft spoken where as I just say it.  Today, we are still friends and last month he moved two hours away to Columbus, Ohio and he was the person I first shared the news with I was expecting, being the man he is, all he wanted to know was did I need anything.  I miss not talking to him everyday, and he still calls once or twice a week but it isn't the same, but I have told him, he has left some pretty big shoes for any man that wants to be serious with me to fill. 

And that is the man that I first truly loved and still love.

by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queen33150
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:05 AM
I heard people say your first love will be your hardest love and that's so true.  My older kids father did a number on me and I love him to the core and didn't think he could do any wrong boy was I wrong.  I have only had two relationships.  I love my husband but it's not the intensity that I had with my first.  It felt like I was addicted to him, now when I look back I don't even know why I was like that.
drake
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:24 AM
For some reason, I like talking about my first love.  We met my first year, second semester of college (after high school), and when I saw him walking thru the parking lot in front of my dorm, I knew.  I don't really believe in love at first sight, but there was a strong like at first sight for both of us. If there is a such thing as a long-distance relationship, we had one for 6 years.  Not boyfriend/girlfriend, but a relationship no less.  He didn't talk to me for 7 months when I told him I was 3 months pregnant by my then ex. After he got over that, we still saw each other once a month and talked everyday. We fell apart after his daughter was born.  He was trying to make things work with the mother for the sake of the child. We don't talk at all anymore, and it's better that way.  I still love him though, and I'm sure he loves me.
LUVABLEBABY
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM

I'm with the person I truly love but it was not always that way. I meet my daughter's father when I was 16 years of age working at a fast food restaurant. we hated each other, I mean we would knock over trays so the other have to pick it up, spray water on each other,lock each other in the freezer. Well one day he walked me home from work and we began to talked. I still could not get over things he had done to me so I figured it would be best if we were just friend. Well while I felt nothing for my husband he was falling in love with, I got gifts, dates and all of the above but just didn't like him. It finally hit me that I did, when it was time for me to go away for college. I went away but I came back home so we could be together and we have been inseparable every since. We have been together for almost eight years and it is great, I would not trade him in for the world.

twinblessed
by Member on Mar. 30, 2007 at 1:05 PM
My first love I met when I was 16 he was 18. I met him when he came to my high school. We did not talk, but it seemed as if everywhere I went there he was. Well he asked me to a movie and I went, from that day on we were together. I lost my virginity to him and he took a peice of me right then and there, he was so gentle, he was not the best boyfriend and I mean that because he had babies outside of our relationship. I was the wifey and all the others were sex partners. I was the one that all the family and friends knew, I went to all the family functions, seen with in the daytime and all. Well let's say I was a big fool for this man. But the one thing he hated the most was to see me cry, that would just eat him alive because he know he disappointed me in the worst way when I cried.

Needless to say after all the drama and mayhem I left him for 1 year would not speak to him, accept phone calls or anything because I had to prove to him that I was worth a lot and to loose me he lost a lot. After that year he came back to me correct, he stop selling drugs, got baptized and became a junior deacon in the church, also was opening his own moving company. We got engaged and a month later and he was killed by a stray bullet.

I will always love him, sometimes I think I love him more now than I did then, don't get me wrong I love my husband with all my heart. But my first love I will forever be in love with him. He has been dead since 1994 and I can still see him, and smell him. He comes into my dreams just to say he loves me and I know he died loving me on his heart.

Sorry its so long, but talking about him is therapy for me.....
bestmomIcanbe
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 1:16 PM
I married my first love.  I knew I would marry him when I met him and through all we have been through, I have always felt the same way about him.  I met him when I was 17 and he was 17.  We worked together at a fast food restaurant.  We fell in love, went everywhere together, went to the prom together, graduated high school together, the whole nine.  When I went to college out of state, it was too much for him so he started seeing someone else.  We never lost contact, but I started seeing other people as well.  They were all very nice men, but none of them had my heart.   While he was dating the other woman, he would call me on the phone and talk to me about his relationship and I would tell him about the men I was dating.  We became good friends.  He ended up getting his g/f pregnant just before I graduated college.  I thought it was over for us, but it wasn't.  He tracked me down through his cousin and asked me to go out on a date with him.  I was like, "Huh?"  He told me the relationship with the mother of his child didn't work out and he never stopped thinking about me.  So I went out with him.  To make a long story short, we eloped when we were both 24.  We've been married for 2 years and 4 months and couldn't be happier! 
Whoistheboss
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 3:39 PM
AWWWWWWWW that is so sweet!
Quoting bestmomIcanbe:

I married my first love.  I knew I would marry him when I met him and through all we have been through, I have always felt the same way about him.  I met him when I was 17 and he was 17.  We worked together at a fast food restaurant.  We fell in love, went everywhere together, went to the prom together, graduated high school together, the whole nine.  When I went to college out of state, it was too much for him so he started seeing someone else.  We never lost contact, but I started seeing other people as well.  They were all very nice men, but none of them had my heart.   While he was dating the other woman, he would call me on the phone and talk to me about his relationship and I would tell him about the men I was dating.  We became good friends.  He ended up getting his g/f pregnant just before I graduated college.  I thought it was over for us, but it wasn't.  He tracked me down through his cousin and asked me to go out on a date with him.  I was like, "Huh?"  He told me the relationship with the mother of his child didn't work out and he never stopped thinking about me.  So I went out with him.  To make a long story short, we eloped when we were both 24.  We've been married for 2 years and 4 months and couldn't be happier! 
Whoistheboss
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM
Wow, I am sorry to hear that for you, some times all we have is each other to get through that pain. 

Quoting twinblessed:

My first love I met when I was 16 he was 18. I met him when he came to my high school. We did not talk, but it seemed as if everywhere I went there he was. Well he asked me to a movie and I went, from that day on we were together. I lost my virginity to him and he took a peice of me right then and there, he was so gentle, he was not the best boyfriend and I mean that because he had babies outside of our relationship. I was the wifey and all the others were sex partners. I was the one that all the family and friends knew, I went to all the family functions, seen with in the daytime and all. Well let's say I was a big fool for this man. But the one thing he hated the most was to see me cry, that would just eat him alive because he know he disappointed me in the worst way when I cried.

Needless to say after all the drama and mayhem I left him for 1 year would not speak to him, accept phone calls or anything because I had to prove to him that I was worth a lot and to loose me he lost a lot. After that year he came back to me correct, he stop selling drugs, got baptized and became a junior deacon in the church, also was opening his own moving company. We got engaged and a month later and he was killed by a stray bullet.

I will always love him, sometimes I think I love him more now than I did then, don't get me wrong I love my husband with all my heart. But my first love I will forever be in love with him. He has been dead since 1994 and I can still see him, and smell him. He comes into my dreams just to say he loves me and I know he died loving me on his heart.

Sorry its so long, but talking about him is therapy for me.....
victorously1
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 5:08 PM

I truley love my ex husband we dated when I was 12 turning 13 my mom forbid it . t was something I just could not let him go and ao she decided to allow me to see him rather than I sneak  we had our first child when I was 18 got married 2 months after I graduated and moved to California had my second child in 1989 and we divorced in 1996 he had an affair. I was not going to put up with that and we have been through alot he maaried the woman he had and affair with. Boy was that hard on a sista. I finally remarried in 2005 my kids love him and I love him dearly but you never get over that first Love

sheshe777
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:49 AM
THE FIRST AND ONLY MAN THAT I HAVE EVER LOVED IS MY HUSBAND WE DATED FOR 4 FOUR YEARS AND WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 3 1/2 YEARS
BlessedMom_79
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Quoting victorously1:

I truley love my ex husband we dated when I was 12 turning 13 my mom forbid it . t was something I just could not let him go and ao she decided to allow me to see him rather than I sneak we had our first child when I was 18 got married 2 months after I graduated and moved to California had my second child in 1989 and we divorced in 1996 he had an affair. I was not going to put up with that and we have been through alot he maaried the woman he had and affair with. Boy was that hard on a sista. I finally remarried in 2005 my kids love him and I love him dearly but you never get over that first Love

I can relate My ex huband and I were together since we where 12 and have 2 kids together. We have been divorced for about 3 years and I love that man with all my heart and soul.....but it would never work between us to much has happened since we split and we did alot of back and forth. I had a really hard time because I felt if you love someone that it would all work out  in the end but he just isn't right for me and doesn't want to do right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN