Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What Is Your Favorite Meal To Cook Or EAT!

Posted by   + Show Post
Tongue outMy favorite meal to make is Fried chicken,greens,homemade mac-and-cheese and corn bread.I also like to eat that and just about anything we grill! Man I am getting hungry.
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Replies (21-29):
DOMTITI
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 4:19 PM
YOU ALL ARE MAKING ME SO HUNGRY. ITS NOT RIGHT. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SOUL FOOD IN SUCH A LONG TIME. SINCE I GOT INTO MY HEALTHY FOOD KICK. IN ORDER FOR IT TO TASTE GOOD, YOU NEED THE STUFF THAT HAD SALT, GREASE ETC. I TRIED TO MAKE IT MINUS THE THOSE INGREDIENT, UH NO. NOW, BEING PREGGO I REALLLY CANT HAVE IT. I THINK I AM GOING TO CHEAT AND ON SUNDAY AT MY GRANDMOTHERS, I AM GOING TO HAVE SOME, MAC AND CHEESE, GREENS, STRING BEANS, YAMS, POTATO AND CORN BREAD. JUST ONE PLATE WONT HURT. RIGHT?
bestmomIcanbe
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 4:22 PM
I just went to the vending machine.  I'm gonna go home right now and make my family some fried chicken and maccaroni and cheese.  Why are so many people claiming that as their favorite meal?  Do you think it's in our blood?
mzmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 4:25 PM
You know I wasnt gonna cook for easter because my hubby has to work after church,but after talking about food like this I am having  second thoughts. Hmm how bout that!

zarias_mommy
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Quoting bestmomIcanbe:

I just went to the vending machine.  I'm gonna go home right now and make my family some fried chicken and maccaroni and cheese.  Why are so many people claiming that as their favorite meal?  Do you think it's in our blood?

It is very possible...that is pretty funny
cooltwinmom3
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM
I cook pretty much every day and I love to bake!
I make my own homemade tortillas, Breads, Pizza Dough and etc.....!!!!!
I mean.....you name it.....I can pretty much make it at home. 
But I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so my main items is Cornbread stuffing with Andoulle Sausage, Collard/Mustard Greens, Sweet potatoes, Fried Turkey, Homemade mac&cheese, Greenbean Casserole...
Sweet Potato Cheescake, Chocolate Butter Cakes, Pecan Pie
I make this Spinach-Artichoke dip as an appetizer OhHHHHHHHH!

I am going to stop right there, I think I'm drooling!!!
Angelfly72
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 5:56 PM

Quoting bestmomIcanbe:

Girl!  You just stole my fav meal almost exactly!  I was gonna say Fried Chicken, baked maccaroni and cheese, collard greens and biscuits.  Don't forget the iced tea with plenty of lemon cut up in it and some peach cobbler for dessert.  Now that's a meal!

You and mzmommy stole my favorite meal!  Only difference--I take extra helpings on the homemade macaroni and cheese, and if the cobbler is still warm, watch out!  I'm in heaven!

Oh, and I do love cooking all of the above, too! 
Sealed
Angelfly72
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Quoting cooltwinmom3:

I cook pretty much every day and I love to bake!
I make my own homemade tortillas, Breads, Pizza Dough and etc.....!!!!!
I mean.....you name it.....I can pretty much make it at home. 
But I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so my main items is Cornbread stuffing with Andoulle Sausage, Collard/Mustard Greens, Sweet potatoes, Fried Turkey, Homemade mac&cheese, Greenbean Casserole...
Sweet Potato Cheescake, Chocolate Butter Cakes, Pecan Pie
I make this Spinach-Artichoke dip as an appetizer OhHHHHHHHH!

I am going to stop right there, I think I'm drooling!!!

Girl!!!  Fried Turkey, Sweet Potato Cheesecake...can I come to YOUR house for the holidays?  Y'all ain't right talkin' about all this good food!  What you got going into the pots for Easter Sunday?
lendingmomma
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 9:29 PM
My fav meal to cook and eat is fried fish, collards and cabbage mix, candy yams and mac and chees made with 4 cheeses and some corn bread a big glass of sweet tea and I'm in heaven.. Then I pop the top button open  on my jeans and get down with the chocolate cake!!! ( I use the a oil mix of soy oil and olive oil to fry with and it taste great so I can take the calories I saved and have a bigger chunk of that cake!!!)
Prayingmom36
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 9:36 PM
My favorite meal to cook is Meatloaf,collard greens, candied yams, hot water cornbread and my uncles peach cobbler. I am still learning how to make it. My favorite meal to eat is Red Lobsters Seaside Trio: shrimp pasta,scampi and fried shrimp.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN