Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey !~

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 456 Total Views
Okay so I am new to Cafemom. I cant seem to find any other site's I could join that relates to Coast Guard Moms/Wife.  Anyone know of any sites? My husband recently left for bootcamp and things just happened to fast. He told me the one day he wanted to join the Coast Guard and the next thing I know he's signing up to join. And he got in as little as 1 month. What happens once he graduates, Do I get station with him right away ?

Desperate Mother,

Raquel
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tayesmommy
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Yes, you will move to where ever he gets stationed. When he graduates from bc he will get some leave and the Coast Guard will come get your stuff. Depending on where you go, you will get either government housing or you will get money to rent a place. The Coast Guard is one of the best services for taking care of families. It really has to do with the fact that we are small and us wives tend to take care of each other. You will never be alone. There will always be another coastie wife that you can reach out to. Let us know where you guys are getting stationed and we can answer your questions a little better. Good luck!
MommyDena
by New Member on May. 11, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Another good site for info about the Coast Guard is Coastiechicks.net  You will be able to find out lots of information about the CG and different stations. 
Tayesmommy
by New Member on May. 17, 2007 at 8:02 AM
Thanks mommydena! I didn't know about that site.
ILoveMyCoasite
by Member on May. 22, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I know I'm late on these posty things. lol. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. My hubby told me over the phone where he was going to be stationed at. I had 2 weeks to find an apartment (they had no housing on the base). I started to look online for an apartment. I narrowed them down to like 4 and once my hubby got out of bc we flew to FL for a couple of days. He told me if we didnt find an apartment by the next couple of days, I would have to stay home and he would have to report. He would look for apartments on his days off or whenever he had time. Luckly we found one!  So good luck!
coastieduckie
by New Member on May. 24, 2007 at 6:14 PM

I'd have to recommend www.coastiechicks.net

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)