Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intros

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:12 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 322 Total Views
So i thought maybe we should start a thread where we all introduce ourselves and tell the group a little about our special child.  I'll start

My name is lisa.  I am a 25 year old mom of two beautiful angels that are my whole world.  I am currently going through a divorce and trying to help my angels through that.

Caity is 10 months old and is just so full of energy and life...if you blink, she is gone.  She is a handful but so far no major problems.

Mattie, the only man in my life, is 3 and a half.  he has a moderate to severe language disorder/delay, as well as probable ADHD and an unspecified sensory disorder.  he also has some behavior issues that have not been classified yet . 

Matt was sick a lot when he was a baby...19 ear infections in less than a year.  spent a year and a half of his life living on antibiotics, breathing treatments, and steroids.  They think this may have a lot to do with his language disorder. 
I have a younger brother with Aspergers, and they are considering this as a possibility with mattie. 

on a good day he is the sweetest, most loving child you will ever meet.  on a bad day he is a handful at best.  if he doesnt like the way something is going, he will totally melt down.  we usually have one of these episodes every time it is time to go back to his dads, which is his primary residence right now.  hopefully that will be changing in the next couple of months, but we will see. 

He receives speech therapy and occupational therapy and we are working on getting him into an in-school program through the public schools in our area.  case managers are trying very hard to get him the help he needs and finally allow us to get some answers as to what to call all of this, 

What about the rest of you?? what is your story? what made you decide to join this group?  who are you and where are you from??

Tell the rest of us about yourself. 
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)