Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 10:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 156 Total Views
C'Mon girls ! Anyone been out on a couple of campouts by now ? We're getting ready for our first time out this summer. It took me this blessedly long to get our pick-up fixed enough to feel comfortable with even "thinking" about towing our pop up. It's hard for me since I don't have a "man" in the house to do little things like repairing my vehicle. If you have one of these (man who takes care of your car), you should realize you are blessed and pat him on on the back now and then with a "thanks" cuz, take it from me-it really is a big help.
Anyways, I have a week to get things together. And most of what I need to get together is our menu ! Since our pop up never really does get very "unpacked" (unless something needs washed).

HERE'S WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR..........
ANYONE HAVE SOME GOOD "TIPS" FOR GRILLING CORN ? I'LL BE USING A CHARCOAL GRILL. I'VE TRIED THIS BEFORE W/FOIL AND MY CORN IS COMING OUT TOUGH!.....I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG (COULD BE IMPATIENCE?). CAN ANYONE HELP ME !
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grandmajenn
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM
not sure how your preping it but you should either leave the  layers of the husk on (peel it back and remove the stringy silk stuff) then pull the husk back over the corn, or you can remove all husks and wrap in foil, either way you have to soak the corn apx 30 min in water.before grilling.
grill for 20/25min  you have to turn it often.
good luck let me know how it works for ya
jennie
Kivara
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM
We never soak ours, unless we are doing them in the husks. (Soaking them keeps the husks from catching fire)

We husk the corn, spread some butter and seasonings (no salt) on foil.
Wrap the corn in the foil and lay around the outside edges of the grill or in and around hot coals, not over fire!

Corn takes a while to cook (about 30 mins) but it can burn easily. If you add the salt while cooking the corn, it can make the kernals tough.

We went camping last weekend. It was fun, had a great time with my family & a cousin's family.
We fed the raccoons pretty well too (not on purpose of course, hehe) Those smart lil jerks figured out how to open our coolers.
They ran off with 2 lbs. italian sausage, 1 lb of bacon, 1 lunchable, and 2 frozen pizzas before DH caught them and chased them off. HAHAHA!

I am NOT a "scrapbooker." I am a  "High Grade Paper and Expensive Embellishment Archivalist," thank you very much.

ibeme
by on Jun. 21, 2008 at 11:08 PM
SO YOU WENT ON A DIET !!!!!!!!LOL
Quoting Kivara:

We never soak ours, unless we are doing them in the husks. (Soaking them keeps the husks from catching fire)

Wrap the corn in the foil and lay around the outside edges of the grill or in and around hot coals, not over fire!

Corn takes a while to cook (about 30 mins) but it can burn easily. If you add the salt while cooking the corn, it can make the kernals tough.

We went camping last weekend. It was fun, had a great time with my family & a cousin's family.
We fed the raccoons pretty well too (not on purpose of course, hehe) Those smart lil jerks figured out how to open our coolers.
They ran off with 2 lbs. italian sausage, 1 lb of bacon, 1 lunchable, and 2 frozen pizzas before DH caught them and chased them off. HAHAHA!
RobinMarie
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 10:07 PM
I am sorry that I am absolutely no help here.... I just boil my corn in a pot on the coleman stove!
Robin
Kivara
by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 8:30 PM
Yea, we always pack too much food anyway, so it was all good. DH was pretty ticked they got his bacon though. He was chasing them off, in the dark, throwing our flashlights at them. HAHA
Quoting ibeme:

SO YOU WENT ON A DIET !!!!!!!!LOL
Quoting Kivara:

I am NOT a "scrapbooker." I am a  "High Grade Paper and Expensive Embellishment Archivalist," thank you very much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN