Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome!!! Please introduce yourself!

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm Charlene and I am a part time working mom of one and a wife to my husband Chris for 5 years.  I love to decorate and make old things look new again.  And I really like making new friends!!! 
by on Jan. 7, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Replies (11-19):
chocosmom
by on Apr. 11, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Nice to meet you Charlene and Ethansmom!  I am a newbie too, well sorta new and I am glad to see you!  I hope we can share some fun and good ideas!  Now that it is spring, my mind is racing all over the "going to be a treasure" that is in the basement, spare room, back porch, you name it!  I can't walk the dog without bringing something home!

soccerjunki
by on May. 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Hi everyone! Just found this group(haven't been on CM for a while,Hp had the computer for a while) anyway I totally Love this group!! You guys have some excellent ideas. I too, am a flea market and thrift store junki. My husband says I'm the cheapest women in the world(I take it as a complement LOL) I love to repurpose stuff and am experimenting with altered art at the moment. Anyway Love the site and the ideas,can't wait to meet you all and share ideas.I havw background in art and have an at home business making handmade cards,stationery etc..I can some up with some great ideas sometimes but a little extra inspiration and help is always great.Anyway By the way my name is Jessica,. I'm married to a wonderful, supportive man, and have 2 kids that I adore. Can't wait to meet you all and start sharing ideas. Happy crafting!
Kayren10038
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2008 at 2:17 PM
Hi! I'm Kayren and I was on here looking for places I could put my work at home ad when I came across your group and just HAD to join. I'm the person you always see stopping my minivan to snatch something wonderful from the trash right before the waste truck gets there! I love repurposing other people's trash and have several things in my house that were great, but needed TLC. One little wooden rocking chair back had come off. It has a handpainted bear on the back. My hubby nailed it back on (properly, this time) and it's served two of my daughters! Going to color now...
cindyjlilley
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2008 at 9:07 AM
Hello ladies,
I am a SAHM here in Texas.  Some of my hobbies are:  cooking, crocheting, painting, etc.
I just love looking at what you ladies have done with things to make them look new again.  So keep them coming. 

Cindy

hotmamma_79
by on Aug. 5, 2008 at 9:40 PM

HI there, I'm new to Cafe Mom, I'm mother of three boys.

I love watching clean house, and love to do it myself projects, I don't have a choice

my boyfriends a pansy but I love to get my hands dirty and redue things in my own little ways

67grandma
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Hello everybody. Sorry I am just getting around to answering some of these posts. I am Donna and I run a daycare in my home. I am married to a great guy, Earl and I have 2 beautiful daughters Krista and Kelly and 3 gorgeous grandkids, Peyton, Hunter and Abby. I love to fix things up and make over rooms with odd stuff that people would never have thought to do. I have done alot of my daughter's rooms in their homes and my own and I am currently working on my elderly uncle's home. I could use some help with one thing. Tell me how to post pics on this site. I have a few things I can share if I can just get them on this comp. Thanks.

CuttinUp
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Hi! My name is Marilyn and I am a junk recycler from way back.  I recycled before the word recycle was in the dictionary-almost. 

I am a painter and have taught decorative painting for over 20 years.  I love to decorate things that others throw away.  We moved to the Ozark Mts. about 4 years ago and I had to sell most of the things I had already made in order to have room for the supplies I needed to move.  I am cleaning out my building and I feel like I am Christmas shopping!!!

I have never been burdened with money so creativity took its place!  I can hardly wait to see what treasures can be made next.  I am looking forward to hearing what y'all come up with and will be glad to share what I know and do as well.

rigwife1
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Hi My name is Vicky , I love to make old  things new again , I love to go to Good Will , they have a thing call ware house sale just picked up a china cabinet for 20 .00 and it is all wood except for the back, I have been working on . I have also stop and ask a man if i could have a chair that he was going to throw out , he said yes , and i recovered it and had  a lady that ask me is it for sale , joking  I said for $200. and she pulled it out  and took it home . I  look forward to getting to know you all and sharing   ideas .

Rigwife1

CharleneW
by Group Owner on Apr. 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I LOVE THAT STORY!!!  Please post some pics of the things that you have done.  Re-purposing is the best kind of recycle in my opinion anyways!!!  :P

happy earthday   Charlene

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN