Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many poops a day and what kind?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son is almost 9 weeks old and he is strictly breast fed and has 2-3 poops in about a 24 hour span.  Sometimes, if it is three, they will be clustered near each other as though he was not quite finished. The 3 times is usually when he eats more. They are pumpkin colored and runny with the "cottage cheese-like" stuff in them and do not smell so bad. Is this an okay amount for his age? I was told that he should only be pooping a couple of times a week by now???

Lisa

"Children are a gift from God."

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 5:57 AM

All kinds of pooping is fine for a BF baby. Some poop only once a week, some poop a few times a day. Mine usually does a few times, then he'll skip a day here and there. Totally normal. As long as it's not black, blood colored, or white, you are fine. Whoever told you that was wrong. All babies are different.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

storkradio193
by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM

around 8 weeks my baby started pooping once a day, sometimes skipping. now she is 11weeks and is pooping 3-4 times a day again. she seems fine, she is peeing a lot so i know she isn't dehydrated. breast milk poop shouldn't really smell bad so that is also a good sign.

www.storkradio.com

Lisa009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2009 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, thanks.   :-)

My baby also pees a lot too.

My husband thinks they smell stinky but he has never changed a diaper before our baby. All he has smelled so far is breast fed poo. Wait till my son gets into solids ...then he will really know what a stinky diaper REALLY smells like.   ;-)   He has not smelled one of those yet.

Lisa

"Children are a gift from God."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)