Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I cant stop eating,lol???

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM
  • 2 Replies

ok so for the past week i have been eating like a frickin horse worse so than when i was pregnate. i did some serching on this group and came up with the clue he may be going through a growth spurt, im making more therefore expending more calories, my question is shouldnt i be fighting him off the boob every hour or so during this??  his schedual realy hasnt changed much stgill every three hours or so, my nipples are a bit tender though and my boobs do feel fuller after 3 hours than they have been so is my increased apitie can that be my only sign of a growth spurt or what?? i have even panicked a little wondering if my IUD failed or something lol, any ways thanks bekah

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bltcahill
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 1:35 AM

He may have gotten more efficient at nursing, so is just consuming more in the same amount of time.  Your body actually needs about 200 more calories a day to BF than to be pregnant, so the appetite thing is normal.  And it may be because your life is finally getting back into a routine, so maybe you're up doing more, burning more calories and just don't realize it.  Just make sure you're not filling up on empty calories!  Lots of fresh produce and whole wheat :] 

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 27, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quoting Txunicornlvr28:

my question is shouldnt i be fighting him off the boob every hour or so during this??

Nope. Because it's not related to a growth spurt but to overall increased work by your body. This is quite normal.

his schedual realy hasnt changed much stgill every three hours or so, my nipples are a bit tender though and my boobs do feel fuller after 3 hours than they have been so is my increased apitie can that be my only sign of a growth spurt or what??

Mom's appetite is NOT a sign of a growth spurt. It's just a sign that her body is working a bit harder. You're 100% normal, and no, it's not a pregnancy sign either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)