Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Working and pumping ?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM
  • 2 Replies

ok my question is how offten do yall pump at work? im starting a paid CNA training class on tusday . I will be work 12 hour sifts and it will be three dayson and four off. being a CNA if anyone knows about the job, i might get licky to pump during lunch so how can i manage to do this? once in a shift? should i just do formula while at work and bf at home or will that mess up his system? my goal with this baby is to bf for a year and pump into a cup the second year, not introducing cows till two years if possibal i just would like any and all advise, and i have already set my alarm for three in the morning to pump since he sleeps all night now so thats one 4 oz bottle there.

And btw just an update on little mans progress, he will be 4 months on the 17th and is getting his first tooth already. anyways any and all help is apreciated as always and i will tty ladies soon, Bekah

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
logansmomma2007
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM

You should pump every three hours.  I tried to do less at first, but when I would come up short I realized I had to up the sessions. 

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.  If you have any other specific questions I will be glad to answer them. 

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Our CNAs get 2 15 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch break. In a 12 hour shift you should get at least that. That means you can pump three times while at work, which is what I would suggest. I work from 7:30-4:00 and I pump three times while at work. Also, pump on one side while feeding baby on the other during the first feed of the day. This gives me another 2-4 ounces more than what I was getting at work. You should need 1 - 1 1/2 ounces of milk for every hour you are away from baby. My LO takes 3-4 3 ounce bottles while at daycare for 9 hours.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN