• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

formula question..

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM
  • 3 Replies

my baby is 5 months old and ready to start solids.  i am exclusively breastfeeding her and i have a pump so i can make cereal.  but i'm not in love with my pump and can't afford a better one.  would it be considered "supplementing" if i used formula to make her rice cereal?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
piwife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:52 AM

i would think so by the way cereal has no nutritional value. i dint do cereal with my kids, he i love ur siggy my dh is also a marine

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, coseeping kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
kelli0585
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Well, right now, you're only wanting her to get a taste of things here and there, provided that you want to continue breastfeeding.

Actually, you don't need cereal at all!  No need to mix breastmilk or formula with food.  Bananas that are smashed really well can be a great first food.  Even avocado.  Both digest really well.  No mixing necessary!

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Like the others have said... you don't need to do cereal at all. I did last time, but won't next... But if you do... You can also mix it with water or juice once its been introduced.

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)