• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very Important question please help if you can!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

Sorry if this is stupid but I needed to ask here. My little girl is 13 months old and she is very sick with some kind of stomach bug and she will not eat anything except mommy milk. Is this fine at her age to not take anything else for the last 4 days? Is she getting enough nutrition? I can't even get her to take a sippy cup of water only BM.

Thanks in advance!

Jamie

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
luvbeinmomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Come on please ladies help!!!  BUMP

LeanneC
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Your milk is perfect.    Just think, if you weren't nursing you'd be trying to force feed her pedialyte and just hope she keeps it down... your milk has loads more nutrients (which will help her get better), plus all the extras like antibodies.   

Some kids are barely eating any solids at her age when they aren't sick... so, she's doing perfect.  You're doing perfect.  Keep at it and thank the lord for such a perfect system!    I hope she gets better soon!

luvbeinmomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Thanks so much! She is one of those babes that doesn't eat much solids yet anyway but she still gets her daily dose of veggies when she eats food. I have 5 and one on the way and we are all yucky right now so it is just no fun especially when it hits the babies.

Jamie

dhrmcanulty
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Yes mama! Your doing the best thing for her! BM will get her better quicker than anything else would and honestly, more nutrients than she's getting in food at this point anyways! Be glad your still breastfeeding, if not like the other lady said, you'd be trying to force liquids that she may or may not want :)

~Holly~*I'm 21 yrs old, Proud Army Wife to SPC Andrew D. McAnulty and A Stay at home mommy to Reagan(11/9/07) & Asher (5/26/09) Married for 3 years. I am a natural birthing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, baby wearing, co-sleeping, extended rear facing, mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)