Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cluster feeding ?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

How long does a cluster usually last? Tonight DD is cluster feeding for the first time and I'm just wondering when I might get some sleep haha. She had her 2 week growth spurt already but then it was just more frequent feeds. Tonight is a true cluster feeding as in she nursed at 6:30, from about 7:30 to 9:30 with a few short breaks and then has been again for almost an hour but I think right now she is not drinking, just sucking.

Married to my high school sweetheart since June 2008
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2000
Kathryn Grace born 11/16/09

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'm a 20-something, vaccinating, separate sleeping, working, exclusive breast feeding, disposable diaper using, blogging, first time mom of a beautiful, healthy baby girl who I love with all my heart!
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM

It is really different with every child. My son only went through it for a week or so. My daughter, on the other hand, did it for months. Try getting a sling so your baby can nurse while you do other things, and if you are comfortable with co-sleeping, Baby can nurse all they want and you can sleep!

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Quoting starburst1680:

How long does a cluster usually last?

Commonly a day or two. Sometimes longer.

Tonight DD is cluster feeding for the first time and I'm just wondering when I might get some sleep haha.

Glad you're laughing about it...you do know you're in the US Mom Corps now? Tougher than that other USMC...we don't need no stinkin' sleep. **grin**

She had her 2 week growth spurt already but then it was just more frequent feeds. Tonight is a true cluster feeding as in she nursed at 6:30, from about 7:30 to 9:30 with a few short breaks and then has been again for almost an hour but I think right now she is not drinking, just sucking.

Pretty normal. As to when you'll get sleep again...hmm...in your 20s? Consiering the life expectancy for the average American female....in about 50 years. Give or take a few! **wink** It's ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING from here on out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)