• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to re-lactate. Is it possible?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hey, I'm a full-time student and mom to a 2 month old cutie named Gabriel. Alot of factors went into us not being able to BF, but basically it comes down to a stupid reason: I thought I wasn't making enough.

I didn't know anything about SNS, and I wish I would've tried it!! I was hoping to try and relactate, and use SNS since my winter break is coming up, I'll have alot of time to dedicate to it, and really try to get things to work. How do I use SNS? Where do you get the supplies? What things can I do to increase my milk supply? Everything would be really appreciated!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

It's totally possible!!!!! I live in a tiny town, so I can't help much as to where to get one. I ordered mine online, but I think a lot of LC's can get one, like at your hospital. You just fill it with formula or breast milk, hang it around your neck, and tape the tube so it sticks out just past your nipple. I would spend at least the first couple days of break doing nothing more than laying in bed nursing. Drink plenty of fluids, eat oatmeal, and maybe try taking fenugreek. Even a dark beer a day may help. But the key is to out that baby to the breast as much as possible. Don't use bottles, or pacis, just use your nipple.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (14m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

Momma22monkeys
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM

You can also try getting on Fenugreek, Its called "Mothers Milk Plus" you can get it at a whole foods store. Ive been on it for 3 months now and wouldnt be lactating if it werent for this miracle Herb!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)