• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to help me out?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

My last day of classes is tomorrow and I'm doing my Persuasive Speech in my Public Speaking class about breastfeeding (I was going to do it on ERFing and do BFing as my informative speech, but apparently, BFing is too controversial to do it as an informative speech, but I digress..) and I was wondering if anyone of you would be willing to share or sum up how wonderful it is to breastfeed? I'm making a power point and I would like to use some of your guys' quotes (I have some from pediatricians and LC's and IBCLC's but I want some examples from real mothers, kwim?) if you don't mind. :)

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby-wearing, ERFing (and will be EHing), solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 17 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student (graduating summer 2010!), gay rights supporting, Silverchair loving, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

"Stop trying to explain yourself....I'm not some over-sensitive hyperhormoned twatwaffle on CM" -Robyn

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
katznkt
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Breastfeeding is the most relaxing, natural way to bond with your new baby. No matter how stressed or unhappy I was, the second I settled down to nurse everything melted away and for 15 or 30 minutes I got to just enjoy my baby. Breastfeeding reminds me of what is truly important in life. 

Feel free to cut and paste my quote to fit your needs if you include it. :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Quoting katznkt:

Breastfeeding is the most relaxing, natural way to bond with your new baby. No matter how stressed or unhappy I was, the second I settled down to nurse everything melted away and for 15 or 30 minutes I got to just enjoy my baby. Breastfeeding reminds me of what is truly important in life. 

Feel free to cut and paste my quote to fit your needs if you include it. :)

Awww, that is so sweet & SO true! :) It definitely meets what I need, lol. Thanks! :) I just wanted some people in my class to realize while it IS hard to do, it's SO rewarding, and who better to ask than REAL parents that live it every day? Again, thank you!

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby-wearing, ERFing (and will be EHing), solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 17 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student (graduating summer 2010!), gay rights supporting, Silverchair loving, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

"Stop trying to explain yourself....I'm not some over-sensitive hyperhormoned twatwaffle on CM" -Robyn

ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM

You know, the thing I love most about breastfeeding is that no matter what is going on, and no matter how upset Sofia is, I can always calm her by nursing her. Breastfeeding gives me those few quiet moments in the day that I so cherish!

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

LKRA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM

CH, you can pull ANYTHING I've ever said about BF right from this group. I don't care. Quote me until the cows come home. :)

Mindy83
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:47 PM

One of the best things bout BFing is that it's the one thing your body can do that no one else's can to feed your baby.  Knowing that your milk is what keeps their bellies full is a wonderful feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)