Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like this is being so selfish

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter Devyn turned 1 yesterday and I am more then ready to start the weaning process. I feel bad saying that but I've been pregnant and/or breastfeeding since May of 2006.

Say what you wish, give me advice on how to stop or encouragement to continue... just don't be rude please.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
orange4agua72
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Cabbage leaves will help with engorgment..... just do it slowly, don't try to stop in big amounts at a time! GL!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Mom2Bria
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I so know how you feel!! my DD is 16 months old and we have weaned :( She has maybe nursed twice in the last two weeks....I am also 8 and a half weeks pregnant! I wouldn't have rushed the weaning if I wasn't pregnant, but I feel like I needed a break before this new LO is born!! I too, at one year thought I would start weaning, but I couldn't bring myslef to do it! So do what you feel is best for you!! Your LO's have gotten the best start!!! And Kuddos to that!

breastfeedingbaby girlin loveexpecting baby~*~Holly~*~

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
calebsmama713
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I know how you feel I've been pregnant and/or breastfeeding (or both lol) since October of 2005!!

preview image  
Lilypie - (Q0na)

kmstockwell
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM

When I decided to wean my DS I just started dropping one feeding at a time, saving bedtime for last.  Then we picked a week where DH could do bedtime every night and dropped that one too.  I never suffered from too much engorgement but I still had milk for at least a month from the last time I nursed.   As PP said, take it slow.  And try not to feel too guilty, you have done a great job!  You can always start the weaning and if you realize you dont like it as much as you thought you would, you can just go back to nursing.  Good luck!!

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM

It's NOT selfish, in the grand scheme of things. Reproducing is selfish....after all,does the world REALLY need more people? (And yes, that means I'm selfish too...I take that PROUDLY. A little selfishness is necessary or we'd all be doormats.)

Do what works for you. If you want to wean, drop a feeding a week till gone.

SpiritedTigress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Wow! Thats a long time, no wonder you want your body back.
I got pregnant in November of '07, had her July 4th of '08 but I didnt get to nurse her after the first two months.Then got pregnant in November of '08 and had him in August '09.
Since I wanted to nurse Ana so badly and I finally got my wish with our next baby, I'm going to be sad when he wants to wean. If I had been nursing this entire time though, I'd be feeling the same way you do :)

When Anastasia was weaned, it was very easy. Do you have a pump? If so, pump just enough to relieve the pressure but not enough to empty your breasts. Take it slow, and good luck!

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I sold my $300 pump a few weeks ago. I never even used the think. I never had a problem with engorgment with my son because my supply was gone and I am hoping to do it slowly with Devyn so hopefully I won't become engorged.

Quoting SpiritedTigress:

Wow! Thats a long time, no wonder you want your body back.
I got pregnant in November of '07, had her July 4th of '08 but I didnt get to nurse her after the first two months.Then got pregnant in November of '08 and had him in August '09.
Since I wanted to nurse Ana so badly and I finally got my wish with our next baby, I'm going to be sad when he wants to wean. If I had been nursing this entire time though, I'd be feeling the same way you do :)

When Anastasia was weaned, it was very easy. Do you have a pump? If so, pump just enough to relieve the pressure but not enough to empty your breasts. Take it slow, and good luck!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb3f.lilypie.com/oT80m5.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/l5OJm5.png[/img][/url]

Mom71307
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I have been pregnant and/or nursing since October of 2006...my 2 1/2 yr old is still nursing as well as my 2 1/2 month old son!  I understand the want to get your body back...!  However, if SHE is not ready, weaning could be more of a chore than it might be worth.  If she is ready to wean, then drop a feeding per week until they are gone.  I would want to get through cold and flu season personally but with that method and depending on how many times per day she nurses, you might get through it!  Good luck with your decision!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)