Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bizarre pumping day

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 1 Replies

First of all, my DD woke up to nurse about every 2-3 hours last night, which is unusual for her.  She usually goes to bed by 7 and wakes to nurse at 2 and then wakes for the day between 6 and 7.  So this may be the reason for this, but...    I normally pump 3 times while at work.  The first time I pump I usually get about 8-10 oz.  The second I get about 4-6 oz and the last time I get about 2-3 oz.  I added this third pumping so that I could build a stash since she usually uses up most of the milk from the first 2.  So today at my first pumping I got barely 3 oz and I barely got 2 oz at each of the next 2 pumpings.  I know for a fact that I am not pregnant since you have to have sex to get pregnant, lol :)   Any ideas?  I'm not really concerned, but DD is not even 4 months yet and I feel like that is a huge difference from what I normally pump and I guess I am just a little bummed cuz now I have to dip into my stash....

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
orange4agua72
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I'd say try pumping at least once in between feeding tonight or right after feeding to try to build the supply back up! Probably just a fluke day! GL!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)