Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

How old was your baby when you gave them their first solid?

What was it and why did you start with that food??

I plan on giving my DD yams with us during Christmas dinner..she'll be 6 months on the 23rd.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Six months, banana...because it was easy. No brainer.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM

My older 2 were FF babies and we started at 4 months with cereal.  My youngest EBF baby I started at 4 months too because I didn't know better but we started with carrots.

My next baby will start no sooner than 6 months and with avacados I htink

mommaslilman06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

6 months, avacodos

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers        PhotobucketPhotobucketbreastfeeding,8 month

LKRA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Quoting cmiller83:

How old was your baby when you gave them their first solid? Five months, two weeks *hangs head*

What was it and why did you start with that food?? Avocado. Because it tastes good and lots of moms in this group recommended it

I plan on giving my DD yams with us during Christmas dinner..she'll be 6 months on the 23rd.

Candi1024
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM

6 months, asparagus (you give them the harder end and they suck out the middle)

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM

My oldest two, 3 months, cereal, per doctor recommendation.

The youngest, 6 months, avocado. I was gonna delay solids, but we were having weight issues (like the first two did) so I needed to just start. Avocados were easy, and high calorie, plus we ate them a lot anyways.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (14m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

ladysavage
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM

6 months.

We started with what we were having for dinner ourselves and have gone on that way. Her first taste was steamed carrot sticks with a chunk of broccoli - she loved them.

ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Quoting cmiller83:

How old was your baby when you gave them their first solid?

My first one was put on cereal at two months due to severe reflux and pretty much me not knowing any better. My daughter showed no interest until she was around 8 months old, but now is quite the piggy!

What was it and why did you start with that food??

We tried avocado, but she was allergic, then banana, which she was also allergic to. She began just eating what we ate after that.

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

my last baby I started solids at 4 months, w/avocados. she loved them! we'll probably do the same w/this baby.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Ready for Christmas? Go here  to get started!!!

Mom71307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM

My daughter accepted solids at 9 months and it was cheerios.  Shortly thereafter, banana and avocado.  I tried to start at 6 months with cereal but she refused and then I tasted it...GROSS!  My son is 2 months and I won't offer solids until he is jumping from my lap at my food!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)