Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing too much weight.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm starting to wonder if I should start supplementing, or if there's something else I could do.  Since my daughter was born I have been losing way too much weight.  I lost just as much breastfeeding my son, but as I had gained over 40 lbs when I was pregnant with him, it wasn't such a big deal.  With my daughter, I only gained 26.  And in 4 months, I've lost about 40.  I'm 5'9", and now weigh barely 110.  I look like I'm anorexic, it is NOT a good thing.  I was underweight in the first place (not by choice, I can't gain weight if my life depended on it, unless I'm pregnant).  

With my son, I only leveled out with the weight loss when he was about 8 months and started eating solids quite a bit.  And I only went back up to my prebaby weight after he weaned.  So right now I'm thinking that 8 month point is really far away yet, I might do some permanent damage to myself, KWIM?

I'm already trying to eat and drink as much healthy high calorie food as I can,  but it doesn't seem to be doing much.  I have an appointment with my doctor next month, maybe he has some ideas.  But I'm kind of at a loss here of what to do. On the one hand, I don't want to give her ANY formula, but is it worth possibly sacrificing my health over? 

On the good side, at least she's gaining weight lol.  Barely 4 months and she's already 17 lbs. 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:46 PM

have u tried drinking slim fast WITH meals? thats wut my hubbys doc had him do when he was 16 and he was told he needed to gain weight. drink slim fast with meals and eat like 4,000 calories during the day..but remember that mucle weighes more than fat so start working out..
idk if this will help i just google this really quick..but i hope it does..
http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/food/2gain.html

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

tyrelsmom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I never thought of slim fast, I thought that was supposed to make you lose weight.  I tried ensure, but it made me feel so full that I couldn't eat, so it didn't really seem to help.  I don't want to work out because I think that would burn the calories I'm eating even faster.  The number on the scale doesn't really matter to me, I just need some body fat, I don't think I have ANY left, at all.  I'll see what that link has, though, thank you.

Quoting Bren07:

have u tried drinking slim fast WITH meals? thats wut my hubbys doc had him do when he was 16 and he was told he needed to gain weight. drink slim fast with meals and eat like 4,000 calories during the day..but remember that mucle weighes more than fat so start working out..

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Carnation instant breakfast works great to put on weight...add olive oil to foods too.

I wouldn't suppliment formula unless blood work comes up theres a serious issue with low nutrition on your part. 

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM

slim fast is for weight loss but only works if u REPLACE food with the drinks. if u PAIR it WITH food it will help u gain...

Quoting tyrelsmom:

I never thought of slim fast, I thought that was supposed to make you lose weight.  I tried ensure, but it made me feel so full that I couldn't eat, so it didn't really seem to help.  I don't want to work out because I think that would burn the calories I'm eating even faster.  The number on the scale doesn't really matter to me, I just need some body fat, I don't think I have ANY left, at all.  I'll see what that link has, though, thank you.

Quoting Bren07:

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)