Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you or your baby have a favorite side?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

We both prefer the left. I use the right side but my left is easier and more comfortable for some reason. 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ShadowLark
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Left.  In fact, my right side dried up ages ago, which is a blessing right now.  I had to wean suddenly (my daughter is two, so she's fine) and my left boob is YOUCH!!!!!) but my right boob is "and?".

Anyone know when my milk supply should start drying up?  I'm pg, so I can't take anything.  Do I just have to wait 3 more months?  (Until the colostrum comes in.)  I hate placenta previa and pelvic rest!  Milk, milk everywhere, and none to drink!

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

at first he prefered the right, but now hes prefering the left..the left is easier for me because im left handed and that arm is stronger..lol..but i use both sides equally..lol..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:09 PM

have u tried cold compresses and cabbage leaves in ur bra?

Quoting ShadowLark:

Left.  In fact, my right side dried up ages ago, which is a blessing right now.  I had to wean suddenly (my daughter is two, so she's fine) and my left boob is YOUCH!!!!!) but my right boob is "and?".

Anyone know when my milk supply should start drying up?  I'm pg, so I can't take anything.  Do I just have to wait 3 more months?  (Until the colostrum comes in.)  I hate placenta previa and pelvic rest!  Milk, milk everywhere, and none to drink!

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

erinj
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Left side is our favorite!

hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM

right boobie lover here...I was relieved to see a previous poster say her one boob was dried up. My dd will barely have 3-5 minutes with the one reject boob lol I start her off on it first, and after 2 min she's DONE, I burp her, and re offer it..but for only 2-3 min she'll tolerate it. then it's off to the good stuff...where she'll nurse for 20 min. yes. i'm lopsided. very lopsided. lol i hate it! any ideas? I was pumping that side, but it came to be too much effort.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Ready for Christmas? Go here  to get started!!!

srkpatton241
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Left WOULD be our favorite because I'm right handed so I have that one free when he's on my left side to do things BUT...It's so super sore. For some reason he gets lazy and gets a bad latch on it! Sucks

SpiritedTigress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My right side is much bigger than my left. Nicolai (4 months) loves the right side and doesnt really like the left. I want him to nurse from the left more often because I want it to produce more (and maybe get bigger, like the right side).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)