Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumping amount

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

How much is normal to pump?

I pump about 3 or 3.5 ounces in a 10-15 min pumping session. Is this enough or normal?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM

average is .5-1oz per side, so 1-2oz total..ur doing fine..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

mommiesbabies86
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Quoting maggiebella25:

How much is normal to pump?

I pump about 3 or 3.5 ounces in a 10-15 min pumping session. Is this enough or normal?

Everyone is different on what they pump. And everyone has different amounts of milk. Just cuase you pump it dosen't mean that's how much you make. My duaghter is 6 months and when I pump to donate I can get 6-7 ounce a boob and thats 4-5 mins. Everyone is different. how old is your duaghter thou?

A Proud Attachment Parenting Mother. Cloth Wearing(Most Times) Sling/wrap Wearing, Anti Formula, Anti Abortion, Co-Sleeping, Co-Bathing, Gentle Discipline, Breastfeeding till Self wean, Selective Vac's, Child lead weaning, Delay Solids, Mostly Homeschooling, Breast Milk Donor, None Cry It Out, Anti War, Space/Star Trek Junkie, Stay At Home Mom, Old Fashion, Believe In Science, And Truth.

Join "breastfeeding Mafia" group, It's a Anti Formula Group!

maggiebella25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:15 PM

my ds is 11 weeks

CafeMom Tickers
hoping4number3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM

wow, that's a crazy amount! I don't know how much I'd get if I pumped before nursing. but I use to pump after nursing (to get just a bottle or two for the freezer for just in cases) but I only got 1oz for both boobs..after nursing her.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Ready for Christmas? Go here  to get started!!!

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM

That amount makes you a Lactating Goddess. One half ounce to two ounces total is normal.

April282008
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I get 1 ounce from my left boob and 2 ounces from my right.  =)   I think you're completely normal.

Mom71307
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I get 8 from my left each morning when I pump to donate.  I get roughly an ounce an hour in less rgan 10 min!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
kkile15
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:19 PM

oh my gosh! that would be AMAZING if i could pump 6-8 ounces out of each!! the most i can get out of each is about 5 in the morning when i have gone all night without feeding my dd!!! but on a normal pumping session i get like 1-2 3 if i am lucking and squeezing to get it out! lol 

Elba337
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:35 AM

In the morning I pump about 5 oz total 2 hours after her feeding.  Then every 3 hours after that, I pump about 4 oz. 

gidelismom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I have to agree that every one is different my son is 5wks old and I have had to go to pumping to deal with the pain of reoccurring mastitis and thrush right now and I can get 3-5oz on my left side and only .5-1.5 off of the other side in about 20 minutes of pumping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)