Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just wanna ask....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 19 Replies

ok... so my DD is 3 months old..i dress her in pink and purples and when she has on other colors it usually has flowers or hearts on her outfit... well i have had numerous people come up to me and be like

" how old is your little fella/ boy" or "or my you have a handsome boy"? that just drive me bonkers! i am like HELLO.... SHE is in ALL girl clothes... lol

to top it off-- she looks NOTIHNG like a boy lol

does anyone else have this problem!? it just drives me crazy lol

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM

That used to happen to me all of the time, with both of my kids. My son had really long hair when he was a baby, so even when he was in all blue, everyone would assume he was a girl. I would politely correct them and go on my way. Same with DD. Even though she also had really long hair, and we always put a bow in it and she always wore dresses, people would always call her a boy. Again, I just politely correct them and go on my way, but man is it annoying!

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

lyndallsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:56 AM

I have the same problem. I find it is usually elderly people who reference my baby girl being a boy. Her hair is really think and I can't do much with it. So no cute hair bows for us yet!

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM

My daughter can easily be mistaken for a boy without clothes but the ONE time someone blatantly called her a boy she was literally wearing all pink.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

MNilsen
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:03 AM

My DS has been mistaken for a girl a couple of times.  Does it bother me? No.  I don't know half the time I just don't pay attnetion to people.

CafeMom Tickers

butrflyekises
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:13 AM

my DD has her ears pierced long enough hair for bows and i dress her very girly i get it allot to nd it does not make any sense to me! bc when i comment on peoples baby's i only use gender if i can clearly tell (you know when i baby is in girls or boys clothes or when your not sure i don't add gender or i ask) but anyway i think it might be bc my car seat/stroller is "neutral grey and redish color and she usually holds a small lovie blankie that could look boyish? its purple though with green swearyies to me its girl or neutral but iv seen a boy with it..  dono doesnt seem to bother me bc i know my baby is a girl and i dress her dam cute 

terribeari
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Happened with my son even when he was dressed in blue, happens with my daughter even when iin all pink, I've even had it happen when she was in a dress. I just politely correct, and use "her" or "she" a lot

Chelles0202
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Elderly do it a lot because babies use to be dressed in whatever color they had. No rule that pink was for girls. I also think they are just to busy looking at their cute little face to notice the outfit.

SoniaL
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:28 PM

This always happens to me too! I have 4 girls and all have been pretty much bald so if they are not decked out head to toe in pink they are automatically called boys. And even in pink and flowers have been called boys several times! lol

mama02040608
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I still to this day remember being in Lowe's getting some flats of flowers with my oldest, who was about 4 mos at the time.  He was the biggest, fattest baby on the block, very little hair, and he was wearing a blue sweatshirt with football designs on it and blue sweatpants.  The cashier actually asked, "Is that a boy or a girl?".  Uh, duh... 

pixiefunk
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Babies look like babies. And now a days you never know with dress, reusing older siblings of diff gender?

And my husband wears magenta like pink, I hate pink, but my son has a pink aio diaper! go dad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)