Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

stuck. I can't go anywhere without my 4 mth old having to come with so pretty much I just stay at home. I tried to pump and hardly get anything. I did try to give her formula and of course she totally refused that. I wish I could just pump a bottles worth so I could go out and get a break.

by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
katiemomNY
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Try pumping from one side while nursing from the other with your first feeding of the morning.  

babies101
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:01 PM

If I do that will I still have enough milk for the baby?

grrlpanda
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Yep you should have plenty especially in the morning. I started trying to pump before bed or after she was done in the morning and then storing it up so I could leave her with DH or Grandma if needed. My DD also only likes to eat every 3 hours so when I need breaks I will feed her and the leave her with daddy and just get out for a short trip.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mom71307
by on Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Yes, your supply will increase in direct proportion to the demand you place on your body for it!  I pump 6+oz from one side each morning while or shortly before/after my son nurses in the am and he does one side feedings for most of the day... until the early evening.  He is huge too and wets plenty of diapers and meets milestones, etc.

I feel your pain by the way!  My son won't take a bottle at all so he is either sleeping RIGHt after eating for me to go out by myself OR he is with me.  I was never without my daughter until she was almost 10 months old!

Quoting babies101:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Quoting babies101:

ALWAYS. You'd have to be taking estrogen or have removed your breasts to NOT have enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)