Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm wondering.... Maybe TMI

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:33 AM
  • 19 Replies

I'm planning on BF my son, but why is it that one of my breast leak more than the other one? It has just started doing it. Is that normal? One of them hurt so bad, but I don't really have any pain in the other one. I was told that I could take a warm shower and press on my breast when they hurt and that would help with the pain and it has. ALOT! 

its a boy

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boyd-family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I would like to know too, I don't have pain yet, but one leaks way more than the other one!!

CafeMom Tickers
LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:38 AM

I thought maybe I was an odd ball or something. It's just started doing that within the last week or so. I want to breastfeed my son. This will be my first attempt so I'm hoping I will do good with it.

Quoting boyd-family:

I would like to know too, I don't have pain yet, but one leaks way more than the other one!!

its a boy

Daynaof3

Normal. And once your milk comes in one side usually lets down faster than the other, and one side usually gives you more milk when your pumping too. No worries! =) 

ashleydavis

Hello. I've been breastfeeding my daughter for 21/2 years!!! And for some reason I have always had more milk in my right breast. It lets down harder and there is just more of it! My right breast is also a little larger than the right :(.

LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:40 AM

My right one is the one that leaks more than the other. I just thought it was a little weird. 

Quoting ashleydavis:

Hello. I've been breastfeeding my daughter for 21/2 years!!! And for some reason I have always had more milk in my right breast. It lets down harder and there is just more of it! My right breast is also a little larger than the right :(.

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I was hoping there wasn't something wrong with me! I had a friend tell me with them doing that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed and I was devastated when she told me that. 

Quoting Daynaof3:

Normal. And once your milk comes in one side usually lets down faster than the other, and one side usually gives you more milk when your pumping too. No worries! =) 

its a boy

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Well, don't believe her lol. It's normal. You will find that someone will always tell you you can't or shouldn't breastfeed for whatever reason or the other. Pay them no mind, even if your left breast fell off completely you could still breastfeed your baby exclusively with your right! That's probably not going to happen, so I think you're good! ; )

Quoting LJM21:

Thank you! That makes me feel better. I was hoping there wasn't something wrong with me! I had a friend tell me with them doing that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed and I was devastated when she told me that. 

Quoting Daynaof3:

boyd-family
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:46 AM

haha I was feeling self concious about it too. This is my first so I am really nervous about the whole breastfeeding thing all together!

Quoting LJM21:

I thought maybe I was an odd ball or something. It's just started doing that within the last week or so. I want to breastfeed my son. This will be my first attempt so I'm hoping I will do good with it.

Quoting boyd-family:

CafeMom Tickers
LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Great! Thank you! That makes me feel better. I have a DRs appt Wednesday so I was going to ask him then, but ever since she told me that I have been so devastated. 

Quoting Daynaof3:

Well, don't believe her lol. It's normal. You will find that someone will always tell you you can't or shouldn't breastfeed for whatever reason or the other. Pay them no mind, even if your left breast fell off completely you could still breastfeed your baby exclusively with your right! That's probably not going to happen, so I think you're good! ; )

Quoting LJM21:

Quoting Daynaof3:

its a boy

LJM21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:50 AM

You're not alone on the really nervous. I'm so scared I won't be able to do it or something will go wrong or my Son won't latch right or I will just get upset and give up. 

Quoting boyd-family:

haha I was feeling self concious about it too. This is my first so I am really nervous about the whole breastfeeding thing all together!

Quoting LJM21:

Quoting boyd-family:

its a boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)