Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I'm being attacked by my daughter (not biting)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM
  • 2 Replies

My DD is 11 months old.  When she is nursing she insists on grabbing my breast, pinching my breast, hitting and scratching it.  I've tried holding her hand or arm away, sometimes in a "handholding" way, sometimes not.  It's not a huge problem during the day but at night it's bad.  Especially last night.  I'm probably bothered by this much more since I just got my period back after 20 glorious months (pregnancy then breastfeeding). 

And another somewhat related question.  Does your supply drop when you get your period?  I am wondering because last night all she wanted to do was nurse.  She wouldn't go to sleep.  I just kept switching sides.

What can I do to make her stop to the attack?  Is this common behavior at her age?  (I breastfed my other 3 but not past 4-6 months)  I have a nursing necklace which she has shown no interest in.  I haven't worn it in a while but will try that today.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sara

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cmiller83
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM

My DD is only 6 months old and will grab and pinch my breast...she is trying to massage my breast though, it's kinda cute.

Anyway, with know other experience other then this one nursing if my DD started doing that at 11 months I would tell her no and that she can't eat if she's going to do that.

Then I'd stop nursing her if she contintued to do it. It might be a battle but she is old enough to understand what no means and what cause and effect is.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Quoting sarabear524:

My DD is 11 months old.  When she is nursing she insists on grabbing my breast, pinching my breast, hitting and scratching it.  I've tried holding her hand or arm away, sometimes in a "handholding" way, sometimes not.  It's not a huge problem during the day but at night it's bad.  Especially last night.  I'm probably bothered by this much more since I just got my period back after 20 glorious months (pregnancy then breastfeeding). 

Time to teach her nursing manners. Greast guidelines on kellymom.com.

And another somewhat related question.  Does your supply drop when you get your period?  I am wondering because last night all she wanted to do was nurse.  She wouldn't go to sleep.  I just kept switching sides.

Yes, supply drops temporarily for many moms during their period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)