Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM
  • 3 Replies

I made a mistake and got the evenflo comfort select.  now my nipples are looking and feeling like WW3.  I most likely am going back to work when my son starts solids.  I already pump at least once in the morning.  We don't have much extra to spend for a new pump.  This is our first and we plan to have more.  IMO, formula is strictly not an option.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CuriousNGL
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM

A couple questions:

1) Is this your first time breastfeeding and/or pumping? If so, your nipples are probably still getting "broken in". Pumping was really uncomfortable for me for the first few weeks.

2) Does your breastpump have different levels of suction? If so, try the lowest setting. Also, does the pump have different size nipple cups? If so, try a different size.

Open-minded, breastfeeding, instinctive parenting, homebirthing, cloth diapering, babywearing, delayed vaccinating part-time RN, full-time "go-with-the-flow" mama to Avery (6 months) and wife to Michael.

rosatr5
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I bought that pump also and didn't get much milk out of it, so I bought a Medela single electric pump for $65 at babies r us, I waited until they had coupons out, they usually have 15% off coupons and it works great! I am also on my first child and new to breastfeeding and at first it does hurt a little but after a couple weeks you barely notice it. I read a lot of great reviews on Medela before I purchased it, the double electric is great also but like you I do not have the money to spend on it, they go for over $100.  Hope this helps! 

ladybug

I am a 23 year old stay at home mom and wife, a full time student, and I love to cook! I believe breast is best for baby, I am a non-cosleeper (I was cosleeping for the first 4 months with my son and now it is very difficult to get him to sleep on his own!), I believe in getting vaccinations (except the H1N1) and I love my family very much!

bwentz0212
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Evilflo oops I mean Evenflo pumps are horrible IMO. I went a step further and bought the 140$ Lansinoh double pump from Walmart. It is a replica of the AMeda Purley Yours pump but doesnt come with a bag to carry it in. this doesnt bother me bc the pump is so small and light weight I can put all the part in a gallon sized ziplock and the base in my purse/and/or diaper bag. I ahve been using pretty much every day since my daughter was born almost 4 months ago and its still going strong.

the only complaints I have are

its a bit loud but thats okay if your at home while pumping.

the measurments on the sides of the bottles wear off with frequent washing

only comes with 2 4oz  bottles [but the "horns" will attach to any standard size bottle to make up for this.]

I would complain to evenflo and try and get your money back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)