Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamin D Drops

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know my doctor had told me that EBF babies needed Vit. D drops.  Is there anyone who is EBF'ing but does not use the Vitamin D??? I ask because I know that I forget to give them to him ALOT and I feel in doing so I am going to cause him some damage or sickness or something.

"I know I am not perfect. I don't live my life to be. But before you go pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Crafty421
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I have also heard that Vitamin D is needed....as well as iron.

I don't think if you miss a few here and there, your child will get sick!  Keep up on your own vitamins....and take them outside....I don't think you will kill 'em : )

My opinion...

ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I never used them. Unless you live in a very dark area with like no exposure to sunlight, you do not need them. Just get baby in the sun for a little bit each day. Even in the house just standing by a window. I don't know why doctors have been pushing them so much lately.

I am Andi. I am a 21 year old breastfeeding, baby in sling, cloth diapering momma of two. I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, hoping to become an IBCLC. Ask me about my Momma-Made cloth diapers, CD'ing accessories and baby slings!

butterflies77
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I never used the vitamin D drops. The first ped I had for my daughter also said she would be diabetic if I EBF past 6 months. She was 10 months before she ever had table food. She is now 22 months and perfect! But you are the mommy. Research it and do what you feel is best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)