Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you warm up breastmilk?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok I pumped some this morning and it is in a bottle(plastic) in the fridge, and I was wondering how to warm it up fast. I know not to microwave it and I ran it under some hot water but it took forever and the bottle was hot and the milk was not even warm. Thanks

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandie1118
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

put some water in a container and put in the microwave for 3 mins then put the bottle in the water to warm takes about 2 mins or so.  just do not put the milk in the microwave to warm that can effect the contents of your milk and can create hot spots in the milk and burn your baby's mouth.  hope that helps

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

if you have a small crockpot or potpourri pot you can fill it with water and keep it plugged in then you can place the bottle in the crock right before you need it. good luck!!!

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM

oh p.s. also make sure you always shake the milk well before you give it to baby, that way it is evenly heated!!

kmstockwell
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM

i think you are supposed to swirl BM, not shake it...  don't know exactly why though...  There is info on kellymom.com

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

oh p.s. also make sure you always shake the milk well before you give it to baby, that way it is evenly heated!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)