Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WI laws on Workplace pumping???

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have a friend in WI whos boss said that she can't pump at work, she doesn't get breaks and she's there 6 hours.  She is trying to EBF but her boss is being a jerk, is this legal???  I know in TX it's not!  Any help please would be greatly appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jus1jess
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM

http://www.llli.org/Law/Bills40.html

This is all I can find =( It doesn't specify work environment BFing rules. So IDK if you can call it illegal or not.

Jessica~ teen, unmarried, sexually active & in love w/ 1 man (baby's daddy, not bio-father), atheist, liberal, bisexual, gay marriage supporting, pro choice, environmentally friendly, omnivorous but vegan at heart, animal loving, drug free, natural feeding w/out a schedule, public blanketless nursing, child led weaning, delayed/slow solid intro, junk food banning, co sleeping, toddler carrying/wearing, used to cloth diaper, positive potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, natural birth advocating, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet, beautiful girl

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference. - Elizabeth Gene 

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM

That's what I found from the other link you gave me.  I couldn't believe that there wasn't more.  I feel bad for her that she doesn't have more rights in this situation.

Quoting jus1jess:

http://www.llli.org/Law/Bills40.html

This is all I can find =( It doesn't specify work environment BFing rules. So IDK if you can call it illegal or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)